PDA

View Full Version : Time to Go

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 08:20 AM
As you know I have problems in getting my "parents" to leave (they can be here upto an hour or more). I am reworking my P&P's at the moment and have come up with this.

How does this sound:

In accordance with my insurance requirements/advice, NCMA & Ofsted guidance – if your child(ren) stay on my premises/within my service provider care at collecting time for more than 10 minutes when you or another person responsible for the child(ren) is present then I shall have to charge £_______________________ per 15 minutes until you and your child leave the setting/my care and your child is signed out. As explained in section Attendance Recording - I have to sign the exact times child(ren) come into and leave my care/setting.

Any other suggestions/reword etc???

crazybones
24-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I am rubbish with wording stuff but maybe something to explain that you are breaching your insurance as the child is only insured for contracted hours unless in an emergency blah blah blah and that you can get into trouble with Ofsted. (This may already be in your policy info though). Oh its a hard one this. Instead of saying you are charging x amount more - maybe say that you will have to change contract to time the child is leaving, therefore it wil cost x amount more. God I waffle sometimes when I cant explain it in speech.

ajs
24-03-2008, 08:26 AM
sounds ok to me but can't you just tell them you've finished for the day and now it's time to b*****r off

crazybones
24-03-2008, 08:28 AM
sounds ok to me but can't you just tell them you've finished for the day and now it's time to b*****r off

Yeah thats the right wording. :laughing:

ajs
24-03-2008, 08:29 AM
thanks annie
i can always find the right word when it comes to swearing

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 08:29 AM

:D :D :laughing:

Its easier for me to have things in writing!!! I am too soft when it comes to talking to people (if I have it in writing to back it up then I am fine).

Perhaps I can just carry a little card saying "go away now please":laughing:

ajs
24-03-2008, 08:34 AM
i have one mum who likes to talk and she sort of creeps further and further into the house but when i've had enough i pick up the lo and just walk to the door open it and say right mummmy needs to go home now and i need a wee
see you tomorrow.

it always works for me and i don't think it offends mum

ajs
24-03-2008, 08:36 AM
:D :D :laughing:

Its easier for me to have things in writing!!! I am too soft when it comes to talking to people (if I have it in writing to back it up then I am fine).

Perhaps I can just carry a little card saying "go away now please":laughing:

for me it's easier to say things like that as after a week they will forget what you've written and you will need to keep referring back to it instead of just saying it nicely every day when eventually it will sink in

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 08:38 AM
for me it's easier to say things like that as after a week they will forget what you've written and you will need to keep referring back to it instead of just saying it nicely every day when eventually it will sink in

Hah - with this set of parents not a lot sinks in... :rolleyes: :(

LittleAcorns
24-03-2008, 09:03 AM
OVER AN HOUR!!!!!!!!! are they taking the mick or what?? do they not see you have other things to do/children to tend to ????

I have one family, the lady with 3 kids, shes lovely she really is but I have one of hers from 8 - 6 and her other two 3 - 6pm........so by 6 I want my tea and to sit with my hubby and daughters.......it was getting to the point where she was getting to mine just after 6 but would come in a sit down......the 2 boys would be tearing around my house fighting blah blah and it really got to me, now at 5.55 they get there shoes on, I usually see mum drive by my kitchen window so at that point they get their coats on and I help them get there things to the car.......

And what is it about coming in and leaving my porch and front door open....I dont really want to central heat the street you know.......parents come in explaining how COLD it is outside and STILL leave my doors open!!!!!

Any hoo, on one occasion, one said mum, got to my house at 6.15, and of course we where literally all waiting at the door and the kids where shipped out.......she said "oh are you going out tonight?" I just said nope I want to cook my tea!" said it in a jokey way but meant it lol

the new policy sounds fab by the way and you are a saint for putting up with the parents in your home for that long........

You could also say that ofsted are now cracking down on "strangers to other children" being in your home whilst minding as they shouldnt really :censored: be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah707
24-03-2008, 09:05 AM
As you know I have problems in getting my "parents" to leave (they can be here upto an hour or more). I am reworking my P&P's at the moment and have come up with this.

How does this sound:

In accordance with my insurance requirements/advice, NCMA & Ofsted guidance – if your child(ren) stay on my premises/within my service provider care at collecting time for more than 10 minutes when you or another person responsible for the child(ren) is present then I shall have to charge £_______________________ per 15 minutes until you and your child leave the setting/my care and your child is signed out. As explained in section Attendance Recording - I have to sign the exact times child(ren) come into and leave my care/setting.

Any other suggestions/reword etc???

It has been brought to my attention that, for Fire Regulations and to fulfil Ofsted requirements, anyone who is not CRB checked for or registered to be on my premises must sign themselves in and out using my Visitors Book.

Therefore, from now on, if any parents wish to enter the house at the beginning or end of the day for longer than a quick 5 minute doorstep chat, I will have to enforce this regulation.

Please remember that my overtime charges are £xxx per 15 minutes.

I am always happy to chat by email/text/phone if you have concerns about your child.

:D

wendywu
24-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Just tell them that you cannot do your job of caring for the children if you are talking to them. Tell them if an accident happened to a mindee and Ofsted found out you were chatting to a parent and not paying attention then you could be closed down!!!.:eek:

Then you would not be looking after anyone and they would all have to go somewhere else;) Pile it on, make it seem more serious than it is:laughing:

LittleAcorns
24-03-2008, 09:07 AM
It has been brought to my attention that, for Fire Regulations and to fulfil Ofsted requirements, anyone who is not CRB checked for or registered to be on my premises must sign themselves in and out using my Visitors Book.

Therefore, from now on, if any parents wish to enter the house at the beginning or end of the day for longer than a quick 5 minute doorstep chat, I will have to enforce this regulation.

I am always happy to chat by email/text/phone if you have concerns about your child.

You say it so much better than I do......yeah I meant what Sarah wrote:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Excellent Sarah - -I knew you'd come up trumps!!! thank you
xxx

miss muffit
24-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Ohh you lot are so horrible...yes please do come in make yourself at home, cup of tea!!! how about setting the table for yourself and kiddies, theres some sleeping bags if you havent bought your bedding! olvaltine anyone!!!!!

yeh right!!!! only joking!!!!

who do these parents think they are? dont they realise YOU have a life?

You letter sounds great... I use my insurance (i'm not covered) for when they arrive early as well.

Good luck and let us know how you get on K:)

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Sounds like something I should be using for the mom that loves standing at my door in any weather

Good luck Vik let me know if it works

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 09:33 AM
dont they realise YOU have a life?

K:)

:eek: :eek: I have a life outside childminding??????:eek:

Does everyone else have this - have I been missing out on something???

:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Sounds like something I should be using for the mom that loves standing at my door in any weather

Good luck Vik let me know if it works

Angel xx

Will do Angel, and I certainly am going to introduce the visitors book for parents staying over 10minutes!!!!

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I dont think my parent would care to be honest

She is due to pick up at 6.30 so if she arrives at 5.50 for example she knows she is the last one to arrive for her kids
I dont call her in but she thinks it is her RIGHT to stay chatting even in the rain till 6.30 and even longer 6.45 sometimes

Its got to the point that the little boy asks for a drink at 6.40 and I say " No Im not looking after you now you will have to have one with mom when you get home " He sulks and she still does not take the hint

I can be very outspoken when I want - maybe a bit too nice though because she still stands here

I never ever mention my bad leg to parents - some do not even know about it
But to this parent I have explained I am not to stand for long periods

Still no good

Grrrrr

Think I might stick a bomb up her backside one of these times that should shift her haha

Angel xx

miss muffit
24-03-2008, 10:16 AM
You want to stand at the front door with your mobile in your hand (behind your back) ready to ring your home number press it ....oh thats my phone see you in the morning... i had to do this with one of my parents

mind you it makes you laugh as they should just come and collect and LEAVE:(

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 10:19 AM
I have tried that with the phone

I have got my daughter to call my number - the parent stands there and asks me who it is - then waits for me to tell her about the conversation haha

I have really tried everything

xx

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Perhaps we should all take each others numbers and ring each other at certain times!!!

tinkerbell_85
24-03-2008, 12:36 PM
i like the mobile phone idea, that can't not leave then can they?

berkschick
24-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Its so annoying isnt it?

M Das is exactly the same. She is booked with me until 6pm but he arrives anywhere between 5.15pm and 6.15pm. She is also the last to go so I cant get away with the him not being around other mindees excuse.

G dad is the model parent. He comes into the hall to put her in the c****at and collect her bag then he is off. He has never hung around. We briefly chat about her day while he is sorting her out.

I have learnt with M Dad now to be on the ball and grab her coat (and her if I can) as I am answering the door to him. I have her shoes on ready from about 5pm just incase! He hasnt been half as bad recently thank goodness as out of the 7 sets of parents, he is the one I cant get on with!

Minnie Minx
24-03-2008, 01:09 PM
I have tried that with the phone

I have got my daughter to call my number - the parent stands there and asks me who it is - then waits for me to tell her about the conversation haha

I have really tried everything

xx

you haven't tried me!! i'll come to brum and i guarantee she won't stand there talking again http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/mini-devil-28492.gif

xxx

jmoff
24-03-2008, 01:21 PM
i have one mum who likes to talk and she sort of creeps further and further into the house but when i've had enough i pick up the lo and just walk to the door open it and say right mummmy needs to go home now and i need a wee
see you tomorrow.

it always works for me and i don't think it offends mum

this i a great idea!:laughing: :laughing:

I always say they had better hurry up because of parking attendants so that they wouldnt get a ticket...

I have also tried saying..."ok I have to go shopping now so I see you tomorrow " and the mum wanted to come with me!!!!!!!!!:panic: :panic:

Jana x

manjay
24-03-2008, 01:41 PM

You won't sue me for copyright if I use this, will you? ;) Obviously I will amend OFSTED to CSSIW but it sounds just what I am looking for for my newsletter

amanda xx

emler
24-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Theresa - can you pop up to Edinburgh on Fridays at around 1pm please to shift a chatty mother from my house please????????????

Emler x

angeldelight
24-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Come on then Theresa I need your help on a Tuesday - Wedn - Thurs and Friday

I have even had family visit when she is here but she still does not go

Some parents just can not take a hint ha

xx

Pipsqueak
24-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Can I book you too please Minx???? How much do you charge to be the Parent Shifter (that sounds really ominous). Will any of us have any mindees left though????? lol:laughing:

sarah707
24-03-2008, 05:34 PM
You won't sue me for copyright if I use this, will you? ;) Obviously I will amend OFSTED to CSSIW but it sounds just what I am looking for for my newsletter

amanda xx

:laughing: :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
24-03-2008, 06:51 PM
You could come here too Theresa, in fact that could be your new profession The Parent Shifter :thumbsup:

deeb66
25-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a very simple solution to all your problems!

Block the doorway....don't let them in.....have the kids ready with coat and shoes on before you answer the door!

Give them 2 mins at the door and then say "sorry got to go see you tomorrow, wave and shut the dorr!

Works for me!

Minnie Minx
25-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Angel i'll spend the day with you and i promise to get rid of the parent. Like i said before i'm a tough cookie and after dealing with asylum seekers threatening to kill me i can deal with anything lol.

I agree with Dee, block the door, get the kids ready and hand them over and say "have a nice evening, see you tomorrow" gently push the child out of the door/hand him over to the parent if a baby and then shut it. Don't give the parent the chance to engage in conversation. Be brief, confident and business like. If there are any concerns about the child's behaviour then of course you've got to talk to the parent but be firm. If need be say that you're breaking your ofstead and insurance regulations by working overtime so you really must go or you will have to charge overtime for every 15 minutes you spend talking.

xx

wendywu
25-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I find "will you please just S*D OFF" works well for me.:laughing: only joking

My husband says to me "oh we are heating up the road now are we" as parents stand on the door step talking as i am trying to close the door.

Banana
25-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Hope you all manage to get your parents out on time soon!!

good luck!!

Mine arent too bad just now so i really feel sorry for you all
xx

Twinkles
25-03-2008, 07:09 PM
My husband is the one who makes it worse !!! He joins in the chatting, I stand there and give him evils but he's just oblivious. No matter how often I tell him about it afterwards he can't seem to help it. :angry:

deeb66
26-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I find "will you please just S*D OFF" works well for me.:laughing: only joking

My husband says to me "oh we are heating up the road now are we" as parents stand on the door step talking as i am trying to close the door.

If the parents manage to engage me in conversation that is what Nigel shouts out.

When I shut the door he grins and says...."works everytime" :laughing:

ma7ie
26-03-2008, 03:32 PM
It's started happening to me just recently. A parent staying just a bit too long for my liking. Thing is it is happening gradually - a couple of minutes longer per day. Last week she even started playing with the child on my living room rug.

My problem is that I only have a porch and then straight into my living room and when she first started coming she only stayed for a quick chat so it was never a problem.

deeb66
26-03-2008, 03:34 PM
That is difficult isn't it.

I would start blocking her at the door and not letting her in.....hopefully she will get the message soon!

manjay
26-03-2008, 05:13 PM
That is difficult isn't it.

I would start blocking her at the door and not letting her in.....hopefully she will get the message soon!

I am just imagining you barricading the door Dee :laughing: I do this too. I open the front door which allows them access to my small porch. I then strategically place myself in the doorway to the hall so they can't get any further. They keep coming back so they musn't be too offended!

amanda xx

deeb66
26-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I am just imagining you barricading the door Dee :laughing: I do this too. I open the front door which allows them access to my small porch. I then strategically place myself in the doorway to the hall so they can't get any further. They keep coming back so they musn't be too offended!

amanda xx

I do :D not much can get past me :laughing:

I am lucky that I have like an overhang over my front door which allows them to step out of bad weather but doesn't actually let them inside the front door iyswim.

I think it works well.....obviously if a parent wants to talk to me about anything serious or has any problems I invite them in and get them to sit down but i don't encourage it for general chit chat!

childminder54
22-07-2008, 01:09 PM
i had a mindee who came into my house with wellingtons on full off mud his house was a tip. so from then on i know what time parents are due and have their coats and shoes on ready they dont come into the house i speak to them in the porch they dont stop very long i now its hard but they dont hang about...

veronicaxx

Chatterbox Childcare
06-08-2008, 08:25 AM
I have had this before and mum tends to arrive at the same time.

I resorted to having coat and shoes on with the bag just behind me to pass over, this way mum did not get through the door. Have the front door locked so they cannot walk in and if you are not ready, let them wait.

Another tactic is for you to be ready to walk out the door with your car keys in your hand - you may only be going into your garage but mum won't know that.

Keep at it and they will get the hint.

Its nearly the end of the week:clapping:

Debbie