PDA

View Full Version : Too much too soon?

snufflepuff
07-05-2010, 03:47 PM
At the moment i have one mindee, 15 months, 2 days a week. In June i have a 12 month old starting 2 days a week. I have just had an enqury for an 18 month old 3 mornings a week. On top of this i have my 14 month old son. So as of June its likely to work out as follows:
Monday- DS 15 months, mindee 12 months, mindee 16 months
Tuesday- DS, mindee 19 months morning only
Wednesday- DS, mindee 12 months, mindee 19 months morning only
Thursday- DS, mindee 19 months morning only
Friday- DS, mindee 16 months

I have only been minding since March, do you think this would be too much to take on? All the LOs are under 2 years, would i be crazy to do this?

Also, is it worth having a LO just do mornings? Will i possibly regret taking the space up, as its unlikely i will fill the afternoon space? Is it worth waiting and hoping someone wants a whole day instead? For those of you who have children who do mornings only- does it bother you that you can't go out for long because you have to be back in time for them to be collected?

cuffleygirl
07-05-2010, 04:10 PM
You maybe grateful for just mornings with that brood! From the number of enquiries/sign ups you've had there is obviously work in your area could hold out for an all day?

As for having to be back for collection yes that can be annoying but with a group of that age they will need to sleep at some stage - and for a special outing could you ask mum if you could drop back later?

Think I might inflate my morning only rate (and enjoy a quieter afternoon) to account for the fact that it is unlikely you will fill an afternoon only (may get lucky though) or an after schooler?

snufflepuff
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Thank you. I did think of having a slightly higher rate for the morning only, to make up for the fact that i am unlikely to fill the afternoon. And you are right, it would be nice to have those 2 afternoons off each week!

green puppy
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I care for 4 mindees ages from 22 mths-2.5yrs 3 days and I have 3 of them on the other 2 days. It is tiring but I love it as they all get on so well, 2 I have had since babies. Just think about how you will get out and about with 3 of them and how you will put them all down for naps safely. As long as you are organised it's not so bad. We do all of our groups and main activities in the morning, lunch at 12, they all nap at the same time for a couple of hours after lunch and the afternoon is usually more outdoor play, stories, singing, free play. Agree with perhaps a slightly higher rate, otherwise a minimum hours per day policy.

mamasheshe
07-05-2010, 10:25 PM
i started march too. i have 5 familys on my books youngest 11 months oldest almost three i also have my own two dds are 2 and 5 i staggered the start of all mine which has helped :thumbsup: you get used to it very quickly i'm fully booked apart from friday and monday mornings when it's a bit quieter i quite like this though !

WibbleWobble
08-05-2010, 06:52 AM
i have....

LO B (14 months old)four days a week mon-thurs one week tues-fri another week 11am-2pm

LO A (2.5 years) four days mon-thurs 8am-2pm

LO N (12 months) four days mon-thurs 8am-2pm

G (8 yrs) mon- thurs 3.15-5.15

i am just about to sign up

R & L (5 and 9) mon-friday 8-9, 3.15-6.15

J (8) mon-wed 7.15-9, 3.15-5.15
all the above want holiday too

then last night LO B's aunty rang me to see if i will have her 5 yr old for the hols 8-2 mon,tues,thur, fri!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

my husband has told me i am now full

i agree:blush:

i wouldnt have taken the "gang of four " on if they werent already together with a childminder who is finishing. the kids have begged parents to keep them together....

mandy xxxxx