PDA

View Full Version : How long?

madison
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I am thinking of taking on an assistant and woundered how long the process takes, I have a family member interested in becoming my assistant and we were just wondering and also does she need to have first aid if I'm with her at all times, she will not be in sole charge of mindees at all.

Goatgirl
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Madison :),
I'm not sure about the time scale but I know the person would have to be judged 'suitable' which I think involves a visit from an ofsted inspector. No the person wouldn't need a first aid qual as long as they are never left in sole charge. You need permission for the sole charge thing separately anyway, and also to increase numbers.

Good luck :thumbsup:
Wendy :)

Merry-Minder
07-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I was under the impression that you cant increase your numbers when taking on an assistant??

Goatgirl
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
I was under the impression that you cant increase your numbers when taking on an assistant??

my daughter is registered as my assistant and was added to my certificate after my inspection to be left alone for short periods with permissions. I called ofsted yesterday to see if i could increase numbers and they emailed me a form to fill in.

... there's an ofsted document somewhere, saw it on the forum yesterday, somewhere in the registered assistant section, which says you can increase numbers. Have to apply though, its not automatic.

bws, Wendy

suzyblue
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Its the CRB check that takes the most time. Once you have that it should only be a few weeks.

sarah707
09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
my daughter is registered as my assistant and was added to my certificate after my inspection to be left alone for short periods with permissions. I called ofsted yesterday to see if i could increase numbers and they emailed me a form to fill in.

... there's an ofsted document somewhere, saw it on the forum yesterday, somewhere in the registered assistant section, which says you can increase numbers. Have to apply though, its not automatic.

bws, Wendy

Don't forget if you increase your numbers you need to apply for planning permission first. :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58392

Like kindertime says it's the CRB checks that can take a while.