PDA

View Full Version : Unsure- what would you do?

snufflepuff
07-05-2010, 02:31 PM
This is going to sound very silly so please excuse me!
I had an email from someone who needs childcare 2-3 mornings a week for her 18 month old.
Now the thing is that we both had a relationship with the same person- well, the two of them were together for about 4 or 5 years as teenagers, and when they split up i had a short relationship with him- nothing serious, just a rebound thing for both of us, literally just a few months.
Would you think that this could ever become a problem? I dont know her very well at all but i always got the impression from others that she is a genuinely nice person.
Seems silly to turn away potential business but at the same time i don't want to get myself in to an awkward situation!:panic:

PixiePetal
07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
She must have moved on, we all have a past. Move on and think forward - not back.

It won't become an issue if you don't let it, well, I hope not :thumbsup:

francinejayne
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I bet it's not even crossed her mind! Go for it!

zillervalley
07-05-2010, 02:38 PM
it shouldnt, I also have looked after a child and I had a relatioship with the grandad some years ago, wasnt married then,

Grandad picked up most of the time and it wasnt a problem, as we both did not have feelings now,

miffy
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
It sounds like she is OK about it or she would not have e-mailed you?

You've both moved on since then so why not meet her and see what happens.

Miffy xx

sonia ann
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
its not as if either of you are with him now.....that would be awkward:) .....go for it

mamasheshe
07-05-2010, 10:26 PM
i don't think it'll be a problem :thumbsup:

Twinklestars
08-05-2010, 07:01 AM
I'd say go for it :)