PDA

View Full Version : Writing what needs to be worked on in learning journal?

AliceK
07-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi

I am just updating mindees learning journals and was wondering if it was OK to write about areas which might need more work (so to speak). For instance I have a mindee aged 2 who seems very hesitant to do anything physical, by this I mean she doesn't seem confident on any ride-on toys, she won't climb on or off anything. She seemed unable to get off the little ones table and bench seat in the garden. She never runs around with the other little ones. I think I need to encourage her in the PD dept and want to write this in her book, obviously NOT in a negative way just an observation and that I will work on this area. Is this allowed or would it seem negative???

Thanks

xxxxxxxxx

grindal
07-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Its a next step.
You observe what she is doing and word the next step to encourage her to explore more, try new activities.
Thats what I do anyway. How long has she been with you?

sonia ann
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
these are next steps so yes thats fine:)

PixiePetal
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I have mentioned to parents of one of mine that I will be helping mindee along with speech as next steps - as he says very little, some days nothing, just nods :rolleyes: (will be 2 in July) Understands everything but little vocal response. Will be aiming at lots of singing, rhymes and stories and pointing things out as we go for walks - as well as giving him time to respond.

Parents were happy that I mentioned it as mum had a few concerns. Hopefully we can work together and move him on

AliceK
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Its a next step.
You observe what she is doing and word the next step to encourage her to explore more, try new activities.
Thats what I do anyway. How long has she been with you?

She's been with me since mid February although initially it was only for Monday mornings but I now have her Friday afternoons as well. She's way ahead with her speech and vocabulary and seems a delicate little thing unlike the other 2 girls the same age but they have older brothers and are both tom boys. She's an only child.

I'll write it up then with next steps

Thanks

xxxxx

AliceK
07-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. I'll def write it up and work on next steps for her :thumbsup:

xxxxxxxxxx