PDA

View Full Version : Would you give out your Ofsted no on an enquiry

Desi-101
07-05-2010, 01:26 PM
The mum got my details off childcare uk, emailed me and she wants my ofsted reg number to check out my report. I telephoned ofsted and they said yes its ok to do so and as I don't have a grading yet to tell her she is welcome to check my registration with them. I emailed her back telling her this and gave her my EY number. I hope I did the right thing as am worried she can abuse my number with tax credits. Am I being silly?:)

Ripeberry
07-05-2010, 01:28 PM
As long as she does not have your full address, then it should be OK. I think they have to have lots of details from you, like your full name, address and EY number.
Someone may come along who can confirm or deny this as I'm not 100% sure myself.

Zoomie
07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
our reg nos are so easy to find these days. mine is listed on my FIS listing.

also we can't really stop people abusing the benefits system in this country. The system is flawed and it is up to the gov to put in measures to protect it, not use mere childmidners.

Hope you get a visit from potential mindee's mum :)

funemnx
07-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I had a visit last week from a potential last week and gave her my number on request. She wanted to read my report on-line - happy to do it. Got the job too! :clapping:

sandy64
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
no i wouldnt until contract signed as they can false claim for c.c once bitten twice shy lol im happy for them to read my copy of the report.

Hebs
07-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a copy of my report on my website, but no i wouldnt give it out xx

JJAY
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Perhaps you could ask for her address and send her a copy through the post.

miffy
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
The last two enquiries I've had already had my registration number and seen the report on the website - it's much easier to get hold of it these days.

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
07-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I used to be worried about giving out my number incase some one used it fraudulantly to claim tax credits. But its not up to me to check it out, it is up to the tax credits people. I have only every been contacted once to ask if a parent was using me as her childminder (she was). Even if someone does use your number, surely it is easy enough to prove you don't have their child/children and then its their look out not mine!!! :D

suzyblue
08-05-2010, 08:44 AM
A fellow childminder friend of mine recently took on a new mindee and tax credits phoned her to confirm the details! At last!!!! My friend asked what happens when you mind term time only (as she does) and the parents claim all year round and the advisor had never heard of this situation! Hopefully they will get on top of this eventually.

The Juggler
08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I had a visit last week from a potential last week and gave her my number on request. She wanted to read my report on-line - happy to do it. Got the job too! :clapping:

me too, I always am happy for prospective parents to read my report before they come and visit - it's what I do when I'm looking at schools.:)

claire bear 72
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
i personally would not.........been bitten once as they say..........i usually give them a copy of my report to take away with number blacked out!!!! ;)

bekki0405
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
the above is a good idea!

Cazz
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
There's a childminder on childcare.co.uk that has put her Ofsted number in her profile.

I thought that was a bit silly but as everyone says it's on the FIS website anyway so that could still access it.

Richard
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't think there is any harm in giving your Ofsted Registration number out to a parent that is interested in using you as their childminder.

Ofsted registration numbers are in the public domain. As a parent I would want to view the report on the Ofsted website rather than be posted or given a copy by the childminder as that would be the only way of confirming it was a genuine Ofsted report and not something the childminder has written themselves!

Richard

Childcare.co.uk
www.childcare.co.uk

Zoomie
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
A fellow childminder friend of mine recently took on a new mindee and tax credits phoned her to confirm the details! At last!!!! My friend asked what happens when you mind term time only (as she does) and the parents claim all year round and the advisor had never heard of this situation! Hopefully they will get on top of this eventually.

Well I phoned tax credits a few weeks ago to say my DD was going to another cm one day a week, term time only till Dec.

I pay £26 for the time she is there, but the tax credit lady said she would average it out to include the holidays time off, and my claim has been booked at £17 per week till Dec. I just need to remember to call them in Dec to say she has stopped going.