PDA

View Full Version : can you freeze baby milk?

loocyloo
07-05-2010, 08:39 AM
one of my mums sends bottles and powder to my house each day, plus i have a couple of spare cartons for emergencies!

mum said to use a an ounce or so of the afterschool bottle to add to tea - which i've been doing, but sometimes LO wants to drink whole bottle (and still eats all her tea) i asked mum for a pot of extra powder to keep at mine, but she sent cartons!

i was wondering if anyone knew, if once i had opened the carton and used some, if i could freeze the rest in 'icecubes'? then i could just defrost one?

although, reading this back, it now seems like alot of fuss! but i don't like wasting anything!

but i guess original question stands? can you freeze ready made babymilk?

sonia ann
07-05-2010, 08:44 AM
you can freeze breast milk.......you can freeze cows milk.....so would think you can freeze baby milk as soon as carton is opened and not left standing around.......seems like a good idea to me:)

TheBTeam
07-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Would think if it can be frozen it will tell you on the carton.

Mookins
07-05-2010, 12:12 PM
i was told by my health visitoralthough a few years ago now (3) you cant freeze ready made formula milk:(

x x x

sonia ann
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
just found this....so please disregard my other post:blush:

You should not freeze ready-to-feed baby formula because it will change the composition of the product.
Cartons of commercially prepared baby ready-to-feed or concentrate baby formula may be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after opening

loocyloo
07-05-2010, 04:25 PM
thanks. :)

it didn't say you could freeze the baby milk on the carton, but then again, it didn't say you couldn't !!!
thats a shame, oh well!

think i might just demand ( nicely !!! ) a tub of milk powder from mum for adding to tea then! i always have a spare bottle of water in the fridge!