PDA

View Full Version : please advise: confused about increasing numbers...

Goatgirl
06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi :),
Wonder if someone who has done this can help me?
My daughter is my registered assistant and its on my cert that I can leave children with her for short periods with permissions in place.
Now, I'd like to increase numbers and have rung Ofsted. They sent me a variation form which has lots of sections to complete e.g. how I would ensure all the childrens needs are met etc... which I find confusing, as I would be meeting the needs of the extra children by employing my assistant.:rolleyes:

Am I missing something?
I thought they would increase my numbers according to the space I have (daughter has been approved etc already, by inspector at my inspection), not by particular arrangements.? Why are they asking for details of particular children, times etc if they're not relevant? I don't get it :(

Anyone with any idea of what they need to know before my head caves in? I have trouble keeping anything short already; please help if you can!

Thanks in anticipation,
Wendy :)

suzyblue
07-05-2010, 07:01 AM
I put things like:

extra resources you may need eg car seats, high chairs etc say if you have them or that you are aware you would need them.
Where will they sleep? say that you have enough quiet spaces, cots etc
Will they be safe when out? List buggies, reins etc

I think Ofsted basically want to see that you have thought about how it will work and if you can cope. Thats why they want a list of all the children you have now.

Hope that helps, good luck!

huggableshelly
07-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I had to do that too to gain a 4th under 5.

I put that I have room in my car to accomodate 4 suitable car seats. all children will have reins on when out to ensure safety by the roadside when on nursrey/school runs.

meal times, all 4 children will sit at the table with suitable boost seats.
Toddler group, getting in and out all will be on reins and I can see all children at all times in the room, toileting involves taking all 4 children with me.

I also stated sleep arrangements saying that only 1 child requires a daily sleep which will be in the quiet room whilst the other 3 are playing in the lounge.

The just need evidence to show that you have thought it all through and that you know exactly how to adapt yourself and your setting to accomodate the additional children.

sandy64
07-05-2010, 07:25 AM
the forms are all the same my friend just got the same with a added risk assesment as shes moving house does seem silly as shes not changing numbers. just put enough details as pos how your day will go safety ie extra prams cot reins highchairs extra toys etc how you will manage whilst out your experience sell your self thats what ofsted told me yesterday dont forget to add that you will r.a.:)