PDA

View Full Version : Need help (quickly)

Gizmo
06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
I cm friend of mine has a dilemma, she looks after C full time and R before/after school they are bro and sis. R and her own dd dont get on at all and she has given mum notice for her, mum has phoned my friend to say she has found someone else (unreg grr) to look after them both and C will leave in 4 weeks. My friends dad is really ill and only has days to live how does this work with notice period because she wont be able to work - the parent knows how ill he is
Any help grateful

sarah707
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
If she has to stop working immediately and cannot work out a notice period because of family trauma there's nothing anyone can do about it.

She will need (by law) to refund any money paid in advance including deposits held until the end of the contract.

I am sorry to hear about her father. It must be a very painful time for her. Please pass on my prayers xx

Gizmo
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks Sarah, thats what we thought, she is in pieces about her dad and this has came at such a bad time she was half expecting it after giving notice for the sister but timing could be better