PDA

View Full Version : OB today- bit confusing

SparklingGems
06-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok I did an ob today- I started off doing magic painting due to childs obsession with dipping the brush into the water last time we painted.

This then led to him asking to glue and stick he then saw scissors and started cutting up bits of paper.

My question is Do I just do the ob on the magic painting? or on the whole activity covering everything he did?

This is not in my planning is that ok?

Thanks

mama2three
06-05-2010, 03:09 PM
just write down whatever happened! you'll get lots of links from the fact that this was an extended activity and that lo was making his own choices. Id write upthe shadow one too ( other thread) just a couple of sentences linked to pse , kuw and pd. Some of my obs are about an a4 page ( including photo) , some are 2 sentences!

SparklingGems
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Ah thank you. I have an obs sheet and was not sure that a few words was enough- do I need to plan next steps for every ob no matter what length the ob is?

sonia ann
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
no you do not always need to do next steps.....some obs stand alone as just that ...an observation:)

avril
06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
It doesn't matter if it's not in your planning activities should be child led.

caz3007
06-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Ah thank you. I have an obs sheet and was not sure that a few words was enough- do I need to plan next steps for every ob no matter what length the ob is?

A while back we had a newsletter from our CIS and it stated that obs can be as long or as short as we liked. They told us there was no set length as long it was logged :) Mine are usually pretty long, but then so are my posts :laughing: