PDA

View Full Version : Toy Storage Space

janey81
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I was just wondering how many toys that you all have available for the children to play with. I only have my living room which does have a lot of floor space but not a great deal of storage.

I have a cupboard with lots of board games and jigsaws

2 ikea storage boxes which contain, playfood, cash till, post office, sweet factory, a box with bricks and cars, doctors set, play mats

A book case with a variety of books and a toy storage unit with some smaller toys which I keep changing.

my craft unit is in a locked cupboard (where medicines and alcohol are as there is nowhere else to put it) but I always put out a box of pens, crayons and paper / colouring books on the table for them to play with if we have not got an planned activity on.

I have lots of big boxes containing mega blocks, train sets, puppets, bob and peppa toys and try and alternate having them out, but I get days when the boys want the large trains out so the girls choose to play upstairs where all the dolls and dressing up clothes are?

Does Ofsted mind children playing upstairs in the kids rooms when its freeplay, my kids don't mind they enjoy it they are all friends with my mindees at school anyway so for them its just like having friends over to play. I do check on them all aswell as joining in with their play, they are all over 5.

Does this make any sense I guess what I'm asking is what toys / resources you have available and what you have packed away and get out as and when required. Jane

suzyblue
06-05-2010, 03:41 PM
My house has been taken over by toys! I have a built in cupboard all along one wall, especially made to house the toys and art and crafts, paperwork, etc. The rest is in sheds outside and in the cupboard under my stairs, in fact almost every bit of storage space is full of something to do with work. I am having an extension done and a porch to give me more room but im sure I will soon fill it!

Mookins
06-05-2010, 05:00 PM
i havent started yet but have sorted out my daughters toy storage room upstairs and as hubby and i now both have laptops we can convert our "office" room under the stairs into a storage room too

HOPEFULLY.... when we have more money we will aim for a conservatory too but thats a long way off yet

x x x x

watgem
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
my house is overrun too! I have wood and wicker storage for toys in the living room, but the bright turqouise plastic table and green chairs and pink plastic drawer unit full of craft stuff give the game away! my utility room is crammed from floor to ceiling as is my understairs cupboard and wardrobe and loft. I do try and have a clearout now and again but mind quite a wide age range and ability range so need a lot. I would really love a dedicated playroom, just have to keep doing the lottery lol!

mushpea
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I have a big shed to store all they toys in, each monday i get 3-4 different boxes of toys out and every friday it all goes back along with a box of books and box of puzzles and games., our kids are older and we dont want toys in at the weekend cause its our house too, I also found that if i bring lots of toys in they dont get played with, i would bring severl different things in along with puschairs and babies and the puschairs were the only thing getting played with so they dont come out every week now.

nannysue
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I could give Toys R Us a run for their money !!!!!! :laughing: ( Don't even ask how many bikes, scooters or dolls prams i have !:eek: ) after 30 yrs of doing this job i still manage to find room for " just one more thing" !! But it is all orderly..... as much as poss in its own see through storage box , and easily accessable for the children . But no matter how much variety you have they always seem to go for the same favourites every time .:thumbsup:

Alibali
08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't have a house anymore, just a giant toy/equipment storage area:laughing: :laughing: