PDA

View Full Version : help how do I handle this??????

andreaschildcare
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Hiya

My neighbour has just come and knocked on the door to inform me that 2 x 8 year old mindees are telling my 2 year old to say "fXXk" and "sxxt" I am absolutely fuming!

They are in same class at home.

She was digging in her garden and heard them on the trampoline

WWYD please? They have admitted to it.

cuffleygirl
06-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Tell the mindee's firmly that that language is not acceptable and it is absolutely wrong to influence a 2 year old in this way- use the he looks up to you as role models and you expect them to behave appropriately.

Speak to the parents - if it was me - then if it happens again or this any other similar behaviour then they are served notice.

sarah707
06-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Tell the mindee's firmly that that language is not acceptable and it is absolutely wrong to influence a 2 year old in this way- use the he looks up to you as role models and you expect them to behave appropriately.

Speak to the parents - if it was me - then if it happens again or this any other similar behaviour then they are served notice.

I totally agree!

I hope your little one is ok xx

miffy
06-05-2010, 09:53 AM
I'd definitely be talking to their parents - you need them to back you up on this.

Miffy xx

sandy64
06-05-2010, 10:00 AM
give them a telling of explain you do not exept that language and for now as they cant be trusted they can play near you so you can make sure it doesnt happen again i wouldnt tell parents on this occasion but if it happens again i would. good luck :)

andreaschildcare
06-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys

I will be telling parents thats for sure and they are currently going to be kept seperate until after lunch :rolleyes:

christine e
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Someone i know was reported to Ofsted for this so I would suggest you do an incident report just in case and I would not leave the 2 year old unsupervised with the 8 year olds in future

Christine

venus89
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Someone i know was reported to Ofsted for this so I would suggest you do an incident report just in case and I would not leave the 2 year old unsupervised with the 8 year olds in future

Christine

:eek: really? I'd better come down more firmly on my kids then. They've been enjoying the mispronounciations my 1 yo mindee makes of words like 'blueberries' and 'peanuts'..... :blush: Mind you, he turned up at the door the other day saying '******' - he meant 'cover', which he'd just found with Grandad.......

francinejayne
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
:eek: really? I'd better come down more firmly on my kids then. They've been enjoying the mispronounciations my 1 yo mindee makes of words like 'blueberries' and 'peanuts'..... :blush: Mind you, he turned up at the door the other day saying '******' - he meant 'cover', which he'd just found with Grandad.......

My 2 year old DS gets very excited when he sees a horse, shouting very loudly "a*se" :laughing: His older brother and sister find it very amusing!

caz3007
06-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I can always remember my brother sitting in his buggy and saying in a rather load voice 'I have big red willies' whilst looking at his red wellingtons :laughing: :laughing:

venus89
06-05-2010, 12:39 PM
:laughing: :laughing:
My mindee has also been running around today with a box on his head saying 'boobies'..... I think my 7yo son may have had a hand in that..... They're so funny, though, when they come out with these things, it is tempting to get them to repeat it..... :blush:

Love the wellies and the horse :laughing:

sonia ann
06-05-2010, 12:41 PM
years ago I had a 2yr old mindee who shouted "*uck " everytime a truck drove past......:panic: :panic:

Beetlejuice
06-05-2010, 12:46 PM
My friend's 3 year old accompanied her to the polling station today, proudly telling everyone that there was an erection - of course he meant election!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

francinejayne
06-05-2010, 12:48 PM
My friend's 3 year old accompanied her to the polling station today, proudly telling everyone that there was an erection - of course he meant election!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ah bless them all!!

Tinglesnark
06-05-2010, 12:55 PM
lol at these kids but i must admit i was angry for you when i read your op. i agree with the others, have a chat and speak to the parents.
good luck, i slipped up (or rather tripped up) about 6 months ago and shouted oh for f:censored: sake! before i had even realised it had come out - there was my 3 year old merrily hopping on one foot shouting the very same utterance in the garden :blush: he has never forgotten it even though i explained what a horrid word it was and how we say other, nicer words....little monkey just grins

some days i wish i had a gagging order on myself

doh

:panic:

Gizmo
06-05-2010, 12:56 PM
My dd was in the supermarket and shouted oh I love boobies, what are you shouting I asked boobies boobies as she pointed to the BLUEBERRIES :laughing:

Back on track
I would say to parents they cant get away with behaviour esp if your neighbour has said something to you

dobby
06-05-2010, 01:36 PM
When my DD was little she would often get her Ds and Fs mixed up - imagine the shock my sister had when she was proudly showing her the toy ducks she had in the bathroom :D

Oh and not rude but I always remember when i knew it was time to monitor when the news came on - she got very upset one afternoon when watching Tv and kept talking about the people and the salami - of course she had meant the tsumani turned out she had managed to switch over from cbeebies and caught a news report - but i can never hear mention of that terrible event without thinking "salami" in my head now...

auntym
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I was telling my parent a few months ago that her son (age 2) shouted 'look a massive c@ck' I nearly hit the car in front when he shouted it twice. Causing my 14 yr old daughter to gasp and laugh. He was pointing to the town gall which has a massive clock but he couldnt pronounce the L . . .

Curly Quavers
06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I was telling my parent a few months ago that her son (age 2) shouted 'look a massive c@ck' I nearly hit the car in front when he shouted it twice. Causing my 14 yr old daughter to gasp and laugh. He was pointing to the town gall which has a massive clock but he couldn't pronounce the L . . .

This is funny :laughing: :laughing:

mushpea
06-05-2010, 03:35 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

my son couldnt prounce things properly when he was little either and wanted a bag of s**ts for tea he meant chips bless,, my daughter loved to eat c**ts meaning currents when she was younger and one day we were walking around a shoping center and she kept saying look at the t**ts my mum and taughter her about blue tits but she kept missing of the blue part, so embarasing!:blush: but halirous too:laughing:

huggableshelly
06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
lol you lot are so funny with your stories!

my son as verbal dyspraxia and struggles alot with many sounds, once we were at my parents home and as clear as anything he said S**T... ofcourse I was utterly amazed as SH was something we had been working on for months so applauded him and my Dad encouraged him to say it again ........ well I did report back to speech therapist and she was not impressed at first until he said it to her, then she just laughed and applauded too!

ah well could have been worse glad we were not working on F at the time!

LittleAcorns
06-05-2010, 04:19 PM

That made me really laugh awwwr :laughing: :laughing:

LittleAcorns
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
lol you lot are so funny with your stories!

my son as verbal dyspraxia and struggles alot with many sounds, once we were at my parents home and as clear as anything he said S**T... ofcourse I was utterly amazed as SH was something we had been working on for months so applauded him and my Dad encouraged him to say it again ........ well I did report back to speech therapist and she was not impressed at first until he said it to her, then she just laughed and applauded too!

ah well could have been worse glad we were not working on F at the time!

Of all the words to say with SH hahahaha:thumbsup: a great story

Well done to huggableshelly boy, what ever word it happens to be :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
i have known one of my mindees since he was a tiddler although i have never minded him till now. He proudly came to visit one day telling me that he had been to Penis at the weekend. A bit flabbergasted I looked enquiringly at mum who told me had been to Beamish Museum.
From that day forward the in joke has been going to Penis instead of Beamish!:D

Own son H has dyslexia - he was writing about his guitar practice and he wrote about his '***** music' Teacher was not impressed (and she was not a believer in dyslexia). poor kid meant sheet music.

tulip0803
06-05-2010, 05:10 PM
When my DD1 started school I had to explain to her teachers that she could not pronounce V properly - it came out as W. Not to bad until she was telling people about the "Weirdos" at home :eek: (bear in mind I was a childminder then too). She would be talking about videos:p

mama2three
06-05-2010, 05:18 PM
My middle one couldnt pronounce his d's which became g , so daddy was gaggy - or his t's which became 'c'. after an afternoon playing at a friends house she rang that evening asking if he knew where he and his friend had put the television remote , they were about 2. In the pokako cupboarg was his reply..its still where i tell the boys to look if they cant find anything ( not that weve got one!) That wasnt so bad , but at xmas he stubbed his toe on the rocking horse and mils face as he hopped round the room saying foot foot foot was a picture:laughing:

Carol M
06-05-2010, 07:42 PM
My dd1 couldn't say "sh" sound,so we had ....Loos and locks, that was ok
but asking for "**** cocks" at such a young age???
Incase you hadn't guessed..... chocolate was what she wanted.
Carol:laughing:
Going back to op. I think it a good idea to record as incident , just to be on the safe side.
Carol x

sarak31
06-05-2010, 08:22 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: clock one made me LOL & my DH who even managed to tear himself away from the telly for a minute! :laughing:

nokidshere
06-05-2010, 10:39 PM
LOL bless them.

To the OP - you had a word with the boys, tell their parents you have had words with them and ask them to reiterate what you have said about why its unacceptable, then leave it at that. Punish the same way each time (however you decide its punishable) and hopefully the message will get across sooner rather than later.

Whilst it's obviously unacceptable its simply one more thing they need to learn not to do and what the consequences will be if they do it. I certainly would not be giving notice for it!

funfunfun
06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
My little boy attempts to say chris says "P**S lol

he is having speech therapy bless :)