PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do

Lily Grace
05-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi for the first time since I started minding 2 years ago I am full!!

They are mostly after-schoolers term time only. This only came about as another CM who is a friend of mine decided to give up and she past my number to the parents. This all happened last week so was a bit surprised and grateful to my friend.

I have one space for a baby (2 days a week) who starts at the end of the month. Then I will be as full as I want to be. The only problem is I had a enquiry from a mum who wanted before/after school 3 days a week and to have her baby one day a week but not starting till the end of Sept. She hadn't signed a contract or left a deposit but the other morning I saw her and she said she would be round with the deposit soon. I said OK as I had the spaces but now I haven't. Not sure what to say to her. Do I say I wont take a deposit but contact me nearer the time as things change all the time. Never had to turn work down before!!

sarah707
05-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I think you have to be fair to her and let her know so she can look for somewhere else. :D

The Juggler
06-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree, when you tell her say that you were offered all this work unexpectedly and you do need the money (Sept's a long way off!). Tell her you wanted to let her know asap so she had lots of notice and you are happy to help her find someone else.

Anyone would understand that to turn down 4 months money when they need it would be a silly thing to do. :) hope it goes ok.x