PDA

View Full Version : bit worried bout...

hollyoaksmad
05-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I had ofsted phone me asking me if im minding and be checked soon the only problem is i only work tues 9 til 12:30 and wed 12.30 til 4 for the same children.

but when they arrive there very tired they both sleep for an hour at about half 9 10 so they dont do much. then they wake up have a snack by the time its all done mum is here and on wed i have to do school pick up they also sleep when they arrive at 12:30

there is no time to do obs or activities im panikin what ofsted will say?

Goatgirl
05-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi liljt1987,
Make sure you have all the required paperwork in place. Risk assessements, policies, emergency and safeguarding procedures etc; the required stuff first, then take your time over the rest, in order of importance for you. A list to show is a good idea, even if you haven't done it all. It will show what you're working towards.

There must be times when the children aren't asleep or eating, even if its just 20 minutes at a time? I shouldn't worry about it being a huge planned project or activity.
Just do some observation of what and how they play, (do you have play doh out? duplo bricks? shape sorter games? Balls? musical instruments? Doesn't matter what: its anything and everything); then look at your eyfs pack, to see which development areas you can associate their activities with. Think about what you can do to further develope some aspect or other of this and write it all down. I think.

On the day, just make sure there is lots for them to be occupied with and just relax and follow your usual routine. If you have time to look through the SEF, that should help you, as you'll have already thought about most of what the inspector might ask you.

Hopefully more experienced others will give you some help :).

They do call with a bit of notice, so no need to panic just yet hopefully :thumbsup:

Good luck: you'll be so relieved when its over :)

bws, Wendy

haribo
05-05-2010, 06:49 PM
you can do obs on how well they settled , interact with you and each other -sharing etc , trying new foods , things they say and do . do you have any photos of them ? you could try and link them to eyfs . make a file for each child and put in some pictures they draw or paint . it all adds up to show how they spend their time with you :thumbsup:

sarah707
05-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Draw up a routine first of all to show how they spend their time with you... then you can do lots of obs like Haribo says, just by watching and listening as they go through their routine.

Don't feel pressured, the more you worry the less you will see and hear.

hth :D

youarewhatyoueat
06-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Have a list of groups you could attend and places to visit if you had children at a different time, show ideas for activities.
I have a continuous provision folder( an idea suggested by someone on here ages ago) and in it I have loads of ideas for planning, places to go, times of groups, lists of websites used for planning etc. I don't do loads of planning, I do a bit of short term but mostly its guided by the children and our weekly routine. I only mind for 3 days.
You could practice a healthy eating activity, getting the children involved in preparing snack time.
I would see if there is a group near you on a tuesday which you could show that you go to occasionally as they may drop their sleep in the future. Is there a library you could go to.
Lots of mark making outside with chalk, paint brushes with pots of water.
Like the others have said make sure everything else is in place and laid out ready for the inspection, and good luck x

miffy
06-05-2010, 10:06 AM
If you have all your paperwork ready you can let the inspector look through that whilst the children are sleeping.

If you can take some photos now of the things the children do with you so that you can show these to the inspector.

Get some information from home about things the children like to do and then think about what toys/resources you can provide to support this.

Don't panic, you will be OK

Miffy xx

angeldelight
06-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Agree with everyone else

Good luck hope all goes well

Angel xx

Tealady
06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
As long as you are meeting the legal requirements and doing what you can they should be fine with it. At my inspection I had one boy for 1½ hours three days aweek before school and all that time was taken up mostly by breakfast, tooth brushing & cleaning up afterwards, so she didn't really expect me to have any more than minimal obs on him.

MissTinkerbell
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Agree with what everyone else said.

When I had my first inspection she arrived at 9.30am. Little one and my own 2 went for their nap at 10am and slept until 1pm. Inspector left at 12.30. I did a short activity which fitted in with our theme of farm animals, had snack, changed nappies and popped little ones in bed. She observed whilst I did activity and then looked through all the paperwork for the rest of the time.

Hope all goes well

Twinklestars
06-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I'll expect a phonecall too soon then as I also registered in January:panic: :panic: