PDA

View Full Version : how long do you

emmadines
23-03-2008, 04:18 PM
give for you mindees probation period???

LittleAcorns
23-03-2008, 04:37 PM
I give 4 weeks, by which either myself or parents can terminate the contract without warning, its all written in my welcome pack and signed for in my contract:o

emmadines
23-03-2008, 04:49 PM
How would you word it! Ive realised that on my policies I have nothing about the probation period and this is something I dont want miss-interpreted

I hope you dont mind me asking!

sarah707
23-03-2008, 05:19 PM
In my standard contract -

•I allow a 4 weeks settling-in period. During this time, the contract can be terminated by either party at any time without prejudice. Payment must be made for the time worked.

In my temporary contract (which doesn't allow for settling-in due to the nature of a temp contract) -

Also note that if a parent’s or child’s behaviour is or becomes such that the safety and well-being of the Childminder or other children in the care of the Childminder are threatened, or for reasons listed in my 'Closure Policy' the Childminder may terminate the contract without notice.

I think I may need to re-word the first one though - I will be interested in how other's word theirs... :D

LittleAcorns
23-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Course I dont mind you askig, I love being able to help lol, the other folkes on here are fab have helped me no end.....

My contract says.....

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT SETTLE WITH ME?
You or I may cancel this contract within the first 4 weeks without giving any notice....signed..........................

I dont appear to have it in my welcome pack, I thought I did,,,,,,note to self, must ammend welcome pack :p

I do make a point of it though, at interview, just word it like, not everyone childminder/child "click" sometimes the children may clash through no fault of anyone so I make it clear that it is a settling in period to see how we all go.......

it gives you chance to see if they are good payers, pick up on time etc aswell :rolleyes:

Alibali
23-03-2008, 05:59 PM
:) Same as the others, 4 weeks for either party.

Ali

crazybones
23-03-2008, 06:14 PM
4 weeks for me too. :D

Pipsqueak
23-03-2008, 06:32 PM
yep 4 weeks too and I have similar to Sarah about in safety of others ... blah blah.