PDA

View Full Version : Post-immunisation reactions

Melissa
05-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Hello, haven't been on here for a while but have had some really useful advice in the past so I'm hoping someone can help. I have one mindee thursday and friday, and her mum has just rung to say that she is having a reaction to the MMR (not feeling herself/limbs stiff). She's taken mindee to the dr who agrees it is a reaction to the jab. I've initially said on the phone that I'll take her but will call mum if she gets any worse/something unusual happens.

Anyway I've started thinking and am now a bit worried - my own daughter is a similar age but has not yet had the MMR jab, and I'm a bit worried that one of the viruses could be passed on to her, if it is stirring up in her system? Am I being really stupid - I'm not sure if this can happen or not!

What would you do?

mama2three
05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Im fairly sure theres no risk at all to your dd as immunisations no longer use live vaccine.

tashaleee
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
How old is mindee and have they had any reaction to any jabs in the past?

Goatgirl
05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
HI :),
I'd say there's no need to worry about contagion at all, but if you take the child ( I wouldn't myself if she couldn't do 'normal' things etc ), then I'd get Mum to describe symptoms etc write it down and get it signed, then document anything else that happens or changes, ask how she feels etc. Just in case. I get paranoid about innoculations :rolleyes:

Hope she feels better soon,

bws, Wendy :)

Melissa
05-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks guys. I was mainly worried about contagion but feel reassured now, thanks mama2three! I only have the two of them so if she just wants to rest all day it's not a big problem, but if she seems bad/gets worse I'll ring mum to collect her (she's 15 months old).

green puppy
05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
When one of my lo's had the mmr his doctor said it was fine for him to be in childcare. Usually the symptoms begin 10-14 days after the jab but like said they are not contagious.