PDA

View Full Version : Letting my DD know

Tealady
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a mindee (after schooler) who has been with me since September last year. Her Mum rang me last week to say she won't be renewing with me as she has signed up with another minder in from this September :ohdear:

The Mum has asked me not to mention it to the mindee as she doesn't know she is going elsewhere. She feels it is to far ahead for her daughter to know about. This will also be her third minder in as many years :rolleyes:

I understand this, however she is my only mindee afterschool (kept numbers low due tohavinga baby last October) and she is very close to my DD who is four and starts her school on September.

I want my DD to know this girl is leaving at least a week before her last session as my DD will be gutted. Should I discuss this with the Mum? Also the mindee's sister starts school with my DD and the mindee is already making plans for thing the three of them can do together.

caz3007
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I have a mindee (after schooler) who has been with me since September last year. Her Mum rang me last week to say she won't be renewing with me as she has signed up with another minder in from this September :ohdear:

The Mum has asked me not to mention it to the mindee as she doesn't know she is going elsewhere. She feels it is to far ahead for her daughter to know about. This will also be her third minder in as many years :rolleyes:

I understand this, however she is my only mindee afterschool (kept numbers low due tohavinga baby last October) and she is very close to my DD who is four and starts her school on September.

I want my DD to know this girl is leaving at least a week before her last session as my DD will be gutted. Should I discuss this with the Mum? Also the mindee's sister starts school with my DD and the mindee is already making plans for thing the three of them can do together.

What a shame as the child is happy with you. Has the mother given a reason for changing minders again, poor child, seems to be no continuity. Surely if it was my child and she was happy, then why change.

francinejayne
05-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Aw poor little girls, they sound like good friends. Your daughter can maybe be sweetened by explaining that she will still see Mindee when she's at school, and after school she'll get more time with mummy!

emmadines
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I had to do this, my mindee was before and after school and the odd over night! this brought my little girl very close to mindee. it came the time that said mindee had to leave, I sat my 4 year old down and explained the mindee is moving house with her mummy and wont be coming here any more, I said we will write a letter to her and maybe one day go and visit, she seemed very upset and I said we will have a leaving party for mindee, this cheered up my lil girl a little bit. every now and then after mindee had moved I would get, "when are we having a new house like ****" I explained that this wasn't going to happen, I also got when is "***** coming back"

she has adapted to not having her there but misses having another girl to play with as all my minded kiddies are boys!

your daughter will be fine once shes adapted to it