PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen

suzyblue
05-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Im having a new kitchen and would like it completely open to the dining area.
Do any of you have a kitchen open like this and how does it work for you with the children? I am used to having a small kitchen which is easily blocked off and children are not allowed in it.

As Im spending a lot of money on this I want to make sure I get it right. For my own personal use the open kitchen would be nice but I could separate the kitchen from the dining area with a breakfast bar.

Any advice greatly fully received!!

janedoe
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I have an open plan kitchen/diner and family area. I love it, i have put a room divider gate up to stop mindees accessing the kitchen area. :clapping:

angiemog
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Mine is open too, and I also have put a room divider up. It's made by Lindam. For me I want to keep the littlies out of the kitchen, even though it is safe for them. It just means if you are baking cakes.....the oven is on you can keep all the littlies out of the way. xxx

funemnx
05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm having a new kitchen too and I'm having the breakfast bar removed to open it into the dining area. It will make the area look bigger - I think you have to make the decision for yourself and make the kitchen you want! :thumbsup:

sweets
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
my kitchen is sort of open plan, its a galley kitchen that isnt segregated off. i dont find it problem really, the children dont tend to go in as the toys are in the dining room end. i have cupboard locks on the dangerous cupbaords anyway. they soon learn quick and my little 15mnth nd 18mnth old mindees know not to go in there as itsw 'hot'! lol. when i am cooking i am in the kitchen so shoo them out or put them in their highchairs or put a chair across the entrance to the kitchen but they rarely go in there anyway.

suzyblue
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Great! Thanks everyone! Have decided to go for the open plan design which is really what I want - cant wait now!!!