PDA

View Full Version : bad payers

samantha
05-05-2010, 07:25 AM
any body got any ideas about confronting a parent who won,t pay for childminding services will going tonight

Mookins
05-05-2010, 09:08 AM
have you sent reminders? perhaps a firm but polite note stating their contract and any late payment fees is needed

or if you have gone past this stage then maybe you should tell them you cant look after their child until they have got up to date with their account!
x x

Pipsqueak
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
if you are an NCMa member this is the procedure they recommend:

issue a letter along with invoice - detailing what is outstanding and when it was for.

wait 7 days

you can pursue through legal course if its over £150.

i am presuming they have signed a contract with you?

I would be writing a strongly worded but polite letter - (pm me if you want a hand)) - keep copies of correspondence for your records.
Bull by the horns time.

Ripeberry
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
But can we refuse childcare? Does it mean we have to work the 7 days for nothing and then still be waiting for the money? :(
Parents who don't pay (unless they are in financial problems) are just taking the mickey :mad:

sandy64
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
hi ive just been through this still not been paid but have terminated contract if youre with ncma they say you have to give notice and work the ?weeks notice then ring ncma again they will then tell you to issue a bill asking for payment in 14days then ncma will take over other option i did was do a letter stated due to your circumstances please except termination as from today under to mitigate our loss of the x amount of weeks notice. i have a letter done if you need one p.m me if you want to sort it out without terminating contract write a letter to see if it works good luck its a horrible situation isnt it:)

Pipsqueak
05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
But can we refuse childcare? Does it mean we have to work the 7 days for nothing and then still be waiting for the money? :(
Parents who don't pay (unless they are in financial problems) are just taking the mickey :mad:

NCMa say you can't refuse care as we would then be in breach of contract and open to being countered sued for loss of earning incurred by the parent who has no childcare.

However, MM allow suspension of care.

wendywu
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Go sick with stress due to money worries. They cannot do anything about that :angry:

Or do a stand off on your doorstep in the morning, insist that they go and get your money or some of it out of the hole in the wall. Dont let the issue be about you refusing care but turn it back on them, I want my money and i want it NOW end of story and i am not willing to stand here and discuss childcare until you go and get some .:mad:

Tealady
05-05-2010, 01:20 PM
From what I've heard of NCMA legal, they sound rubbish. If the parents haven't paid according to your payment terms and what they signed up to then they are the ones in breach of contract, not you. You have cared for their child according to the contract so they now need to pay you!

I am paid a weekly in arrears but I take a four weeks deposit on signing of contracts, held incase:

a) they don't actually start with me
b) they terminate without the four weeks notice
c) they don't pay me

My contract states "If payment is late by more than 14 days of the Invoice date a 5% charge will be incurred. If more than two or more consecutive payments are missed then The Childminder reserves the right to terminate the agreement immediately and the deposit forfieted in lieu of outstanding fees and notice"

If I terminate I will not be in breach of contact as I would be doing exactly what my contract states.

samantha
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
thanks for your advice wrote a letter explaining everything to her and went to meet this evening but she was conveniently out!!! if she doesn't pay tomorrow a letter of termination will be written:(