PDA

View Full Version : stupid stupid laptop!!!!!!

sweets
04-05-2010, 09:16 PM
i have been trying all evening to get photos off my laptop and on to a sd memory card so i can play them on my digital photo frame and can i do it NO NO NO.:angry: :angry: plugged camera into laptop and got a window of the files up and tried to drag the photos in and they look like they go but they DON'T!!!!

this one of those times when i really really need to swear but i know im not allowed on here but i wish i could :angry: :angry:

i am going to give up and go to bed in a min or the laptop is going out the ****** window....

sorry but just had to have a rant:blush:

sweets
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
well i finally did it, not sure how but i have.

no my problem is that i cant seem to get photos off my computer and onto the childrens rewritable cd's! (i have one for each child) i started them last week and put lots of photos on but now cant seem to add the latest ones on.

never mind im sure i will work it out in a week or so :laughing:

mama2three
05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Sounds familiar! I tried , tried again - then gave up and got them done at asda from the memory card. Ok it costs more and you cant update them but it saved my sanity! im possibly the most computer illiterate person i know.

sarah707
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Are the CDs full so if you move a bunch of photos they stop working?

Have you tried moving just one photo at a time?

Is there a problem with your CD drive? Do other CDs play in it ok?

Can the system see the CDs ok? Are they in 'my computer'?

Lots of things might be going wrong but once you have the photos on desktop they should just pick up and drop.

If they don't, then you need to first try a different CD as one in about 40 can be faulty.

Hth :D

sweets
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
sounds stupid but i am having trouble opening the cd's so that i can drag photos into the window. i open them up through windows and it starts a slide show! which is all very nice but not what i want! :laughing:

sarah707
05-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Put the CD in.

Go to my computer.

Look there for the CD on the CD drive.

Double click to open it.

What happens? :D

sweets
05-05-2010, 01:47 PM
ok it comes up with a list of

1. import pictures using windows
2. view pictures using windows
3. add files using roxy creator data (never heard of!)
4 copy disc using roxy
5 import pictures and videos using windopws live photo gallery
6. view pictures live photo gallery
7. play using windows media

sweets
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
omg omg ive done it!!! thankyou sarah.

as i was writing the list out i noticed you could scroll down and there was another option that said open folder to view files and that brought the window up that i could drag photos into! lol .

bit thick at these things :blush:

sarah707
05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Well done you! It's usually there somewhere :D