View Full Version : using a cover childminder?

04-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know what paperwork I have to complete to hand over one of my mindees to a cover minder whilst I am on holiday?

Can she take over the contracts etc if I get dad to sign a form or does he need a temp. contract with her? She's covering 2.5 days for me.

Thankyou! :)

04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
i think its just the contact sheet :thumbsup:

04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I just give them copy of contact details/child record form. The minders who cover for me like the parents to sign their 'permission to travel in car' and 'permission to seek emergency treatment' forms for their own peace of mind too

04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I do cover for another childminder (her illness and holidays) and I have got the mum to sign full contracts and permission forms. She's also had a copy of all my policies. The contract says something like "hours as and when required". I've already looked after her children 3 full days in the last month so I think it was worth doing all the paperwork to cover myself.

The other childminder asked our development officer and she said if it is just one off emergency cover such as illness she would just need to give me the child record forms with medical information and contact numbers, but if it was going to be holiday cover so known in advance I would need to do all the paperwork with the parent myself.

04-05-2010, 09:51 PM
When we use each other as back up - we get the parent to sign a temporary contract and then we give each other (us minders) the contact sheet along with any medical/relevant details - parents know that we do this.
The back up minder does a copy of any obs/diary that goes into childs original folder.
We work on the basis that the other covers for the child on the same fee agreement with the original minder, although we all have slighly different policies etc.