PDA

View Full Version : How do emergency variations work?

gigglinggoblin
04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Mindees mum has been asked to work a day she doesnt normally do which means his brother needs care. I would be over my numbers for nearly 2 hours with a 1, 2x3 and a 4 yo. How long in advance does knowing mean it isnt an emergency? No way I can get one for short notice so would it count? Do I just call them and ask, will they do it the day before?

ajs
04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
i got given a variation on emergency grounds cos the parents were going to a funeral
i called and she said that is exactly what they call an emergency variation, just a one off

just check your certificate when it arrives as they one they sent me had the wrong date on though

bekki0405
04-05-2010, 06:34 PM
they did mine over the phone, but mine was for a very exceptional circumstance. I was told by one person at Ofsted that this wasn't an emergency. (lo mum and sister died, and he needed emergency care)
I wondered what would be classed as emergency care if that wasn't classed as one.
Needless to say, I called back and the lady was wonderful, and did it there and then.:clapping:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
You need to call them up and explain and they will tell you over the phone. It does depend though who you talk to at Ofsted.

Good luck x

gigglinggoblin
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
omg bekki, I am speechless!

Will give them a call tomorrow then, thanks for the replies. I just hope I get someone who says yes if its hit and miss!

gigglinggoblin
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I got in on grounds that he is a sibling, fab a roo! And it is permanent for every Friday so if she needs another time its sorted. Ofsted arent all bad, she was a really lovely lady

:clapping: :clapping:

sandy64
05-05-2010, 06:25 PM
thats great news

onceinabluemoon
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I got an emergency variation last week too.

Ofsted were fab and very helpful and extremely understanding of the circumstances that prompted me asking for it. They also made it permanent so its there if mum needs it in future. I couldn't have asked for better service from them.

Mouse
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Great news!

Very frustrating though that I phoned for something similar a couple of weeks a go & was told it didn't count as an emergency, so I couldn't do it :angry:
Wish I'd phoned back & spoken to someone else!

TammyN
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
im liking the positive vibes at the moment, i'm awaiting a variation decision but not holding out as haven't specified days :panic: oh well hope i get the same answers as you lot lately ;)