PDA

View Full Version : would you send this little one home?

charliegee
04-05-2010, 11:21 AM
hello all

please can you help me if you can! - I've got a little one with me now who my gut instinct tells me isn't 100% BUT doesn't have a temperature

Mum arrived this morning and said had given calpol about an hour before arrival and I could tell that the little one was FULL of cold. Parent said they seemed a little "under the weather"....

(I'm a total soft touch)

She has been wheezing, coughing and nose streaming and crying but also had bursts where she is happy to eat (offered some toast and ate this happily)

She is asleep now (very out of character for this time of day)

I don't want to call mum for no reason but my gut also tells me that I don't want to be ill and I can't afford to close......had it before with this little one where they were sent to me and parent said they were "teething" and me, my LO and hubby were all ill over the weekend.....

would you send home?! - never been in quite this situaiton before and don't want to bring mum out unnecessarily but this is quite a hack of a cough and quite a wheeze...

sorry to ramble on but if someone could help or offer advise I'd be so grateful

I don't want to make the mum angry! IYSWIM! But at the same time I know I must put LO first

xxx

youarewhatyoueat
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
See what she is like when she wakes up, you could prewarn mum and tell her whats been happening.

Mookins
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
i would also pre warn parent
dont worry about etting parent angry its your business...if you end up ill you will have to close anyway so either way if they are the type that kick up a stink they will either way
x x

snufflepuff
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Maybe tell parent LO is asleep, has not been well at all, and if she seems no better when she wakes up you will be asking her to come and collect.
My son is exactly the same today- cough, snotty nose, no appetite, had a morning nap, and woke with a high temperature. Im close to calling the GP actually.
If it were my child i would want to pick him up and take him home to bed but i know not all parents are the same!!!

The Juggler
04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
if child is able to play and eat and no temp I would probably keep them. If they can't join in and need constant attention, then i would be sending home.