PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to close?

snufflepuff
03-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Just wanted your opinions please.
Our boiler is broken and the engineer cant get the new part to us until Wednesday morning. Until then we have no heating or hot water. We are not finding it a problem- we haven't had the heating on for weeks now, we have a dishwasher so don't need the hot water for washing up. Mindee is only 15 months so doesn't need the water to wash her hands- i just use wipes. I have been using hand gel and washing my hands using the shower (its electric so heated separately)
Do you think i can open as usual?

francinejayne
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I would tell mindee's parents about it, but I honestly see no reason why you can't open as usual!

FizzysFriends
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't close, you can always boil the kettle if you need some hot water. I haven't had my heating on for weeks either and parents and children wouldn't notice if I didn't have a boiler for a bit.

Daftbat
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't see a problem you can always boil the kettle if you need hot water. I would stay open. I worked whilst i had no kitchen at one point during ourn extension to the house!

zillervalley
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I worked for 48hrs in the samr situation last year, just told the parents and they were fine

ziller

breezy
03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
just tell parents, dont see a reason why you cant open

sunflower
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Personally I would'nt close and its up to you if you mention to parents as you have switched your heating off and you have running water :)

Toothfairy
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd still open, as you say you don't need the heating on at the moment.
When it came to washing hands, I would use a bowl of warm water from the kettle.

Hope you get your boiler working soon :thumbsup:

snufflepuff
03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks ladies, thought as much but just wanted to check!

Im so glad we rent our house, can you imagine the cost of calling out a gas engineer on a bank holiday?! :( And my very clever landlord pays for breakdown cover so it didnt cost him anything extra either :clapping:

margaret
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
write up in your risk assessment of actions taken when boiler broke down & when fixed etc

This is the kind of thing ofsted want to see