PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Teddy for a Childminding Setting?

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Do any of you have a travelling teddy type thing in your settings? If so how does it work? Do you find the parents and children enjoy them, do they come back, are they worth investing in etc?

Whilst at Manchester I was loving the Jofli bears, but decided not to invest, since then I have been thinking about it alot. I was thinking of one from build a bear workshop, but doing a similar type of thing with the log book, will make my own. Just wondered if anyone else had done it and if it was successful or not. ;)

sunflower
03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
you just reminded me...i will have to get mine back

it is a good idea..only thing is some parents return and others are a little slower :panic: each time i have asked for ted and book back mum says she still hasnt had time to do...do you think 10 months is long enough :laughing:

will ask her again tomorrow :D

my teddy was a freebie,

I would'nt spend a lot on it just incase it goes walk about

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Hmmm.. that's what I was worried about, but to be honest, most of my parents are pretty good but I appreciate they have a life.

I would definitely say that they could have managed a photo and a line or two in the book after 10 months!! :eek:

sunflower
03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
you would of thought so...i reckon she's forgotten :panic:

as i say it is a nice idea and great to look back on :D

breezy
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Monkey and Angel are our experts on these, the forum had Forum Fred the travelling Ted, but I'm not sure what happened to him!!!!!!

margaret
03-05-2010, 07:31 PM
They are great idea,i bought mine at a carboot for £5.00 with a load of clothes,parasol , deckchair , suncream and sunglasses (build a bear) already had a small suitcase which we covered in country names ,and made a passport,children take him on holiday or take him home at weekend etc,suitcase stays at my house ,but change of clothes in his rucksac,he has been photographed in all sorts of places,has even been to Cambodia ,i was jealous.we have map on wall and track his travels and he brings postcards home to put in travel log ,kids remember to bring him back as they then get an extra sticker for remembering their friend (bribery works quite well )we take him to farm ,park ,food shopping ,remembering to take pics ,ofsted loved it,sometimes i feel a bit of a prat taking pics in local shops but it gets everyone talking and kids are really happy.covers loads in EYFS.

My husband is in the services and they have a mascot (small ted ) who is photographed doing everything they do ,they all make clothes for him and they take turns taking him home and heaven help the one who forgets to take him along - this was what got me started with my own kids --- just realised i got a bit carried away with this post.

Amaranth
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I have a Jofli bear and the kids love taking him out. Sometimes they take him on holiday or on a special day out, other times he just goes with them for the weekend. If the parents do not want to print out the pictures themselves I get them to e-mail them to me and I print them to go in his diary.

I never send the full diary with him when he goes on his travels though. It is always available here whenever anyone wants to look at it. I send a few blank diary pages, a pen and the Jofli story in his backpack with him on his travels. The bear, story & backpack can always be replaced but the diary cannot. Also with the full diary in his backpack it makes him quite heavy.

Just in case the mindees/ parents misplace hime I also put a little postcard in his backpack that says something on the lines of:
Hello, my name is Jofli. If you have found me please could you contact my owners, they love me very much and will be missing me lots. You can contact them by either e-mailing ...... or phoning...........
Thank you

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Not carried away at all Margaret, it's great to hear they do work well. That is exactly the way I hoped it would work and along the same lines too, map, passport etc. Think I will go ahead and get one, I've been looking on ebay and to be honest they don't seem to be going much cheaper than having one made, so will pop to Meadowhell tomorrow and pick one up. :D

I will be looking after my new baby grandson next year so thought of getting him his own teddy and starting a new book just for him so that when he gets older he can look back on all the places he has been and things he has done too. :thumbsup:

little_gems
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
i'd love to have one but i dont think my parent would fill it in:( . Its bad enough getting questionnairs off them :laughing:

Hebs
03-05-2010, 07:41 PM
i think i'll get one too :clapping:

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I have a Jofli bear and the kids love taking him out. Sometimes they take him on holiday or on a special day out, other times he just goes with them for the weekend. If the parents do not want to print out the pictures themselves I get them to e-mail them to me and I print them to go in his diary.

I never send the full diary with him when he goes on his travels though. It is always available here whenever anyone wants to look at it. I send a few blank diary pages, a pen and the Jofli story in his backpack with him on his travels. The bear, story & backpack can always be replaced but the diary cannot. Also with the full diary in his backpack it makes him quite heavy.

Just in case the mindees/ parents misplace hime I also put a little postcard in his backpack that says something on the lines of:
Hello, my name is Jofli. If you have found me please could you contact my owners, they love me very much and will be missing me lots. You can contact them by either e-mailing ...... or phoning...........
Thank you

Good idea about not sending the whole diary home, would be awful to lose all the kids hard work and memories!! Also love the idea of the missing bear postcard, thanks. :D

TammyN
03-05-2010, 07:47 PM
i think i'll get one too :clapping:

i had one at nursery i worked, build a bear and they did love it, never thought of one now minding, hmmmmm.
hey could we have a forum bear bit like a pen friend to visit settings, do activities, etc. would it work??

PixiePetal
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
i had one at nursery i worked, build a bear and they did love it, never thought of one now minding, hmmmmm.
hey could we have a forum bear bit like a pen friend to visit settings, do activities, etc. would it work??

Forum Fred was about for a while - he has gone AWOL!

I would like him to come to my farm :thumbsup:

margaret
03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Have just googled Jofli bear ,never seen this one before ,same ideas i use ,am now going to buy one for my nieces birthday.

never thought to add postcard to bag in case he went missing thanks for that idea - such an obvious one as well ,im still learning.

katieanna
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I bought 2 identical cuddly dogs, cheap from a supermarket, as sometimes he needs to be in 2 places at once (kids don't know there are 2) and doesn't matter so much if 1 goes missing!! We put photos in the file with a bit of a story about what he has done...he had an injection at the same time as my daughter (ofsted loved that). Kids and parents love taking 'Lucky' away with them and we get some very interesting photos sometimes .....one parent let him have a few cocktails on holiday!!!!:laughing:

sarak31
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
LOVE THIS IDEA :clapping: :clapping: Am definately going to do this - thank you everyone! :D

Cazz
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
I plan to do this in time for the summer holidays.

I'm glad I read this thread though as I hadn't thought about not sending the whole diary with him in case it gets lost. I think I'll have a scrapbook and ask parents to write on paper which I can stick into the book.

I also like the idea of buying 2 (so I've got one as a spare if the worst happens!).

Also, the map on the wall is a fantastic idea (assuming he gets to go lots of places!).

I'm really excited about having one and hope the mindees and parents will share my enthusiasm!!

Dh didn't get quite as excited as me when I told him but he's just a grump!! (Probably thinking how embarrassing it's going to be to take a teddy out with us and photographing it) :laughing:

helenlc
03-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a dog teddy but none of my parents have really taken up the offer to take him away.:(

Might get a bear from Build a Bear and rejuvinate my idea a bit. If parents dont want to take him away, I will just take him with us on days out etc and do a diary that way.

My children take their bear and doll on holiday and I made them a passport each - they have even had them stamped at US Passport control (by a very nice officer who half obscured the stamp so it wasnt a full stamp iyswim). They all love it tho when the kids show the passports.:D

Cazz
03-05-2010, 08:39 PM
How sad that you're parents don't want to contribute - maybe you should insist Helen!!

I think the mindees (and my dd!) will love sitting and looking through teddy's scrapbook and remembering everything he has done.

helenlc
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
How sad that you're parents don't want to contribute - maybe you should insist Helen!!

I think the mindees (and my dd!) will love sitting and looking through teddy's scrapbook and remembering everything he has done.

Well, I think I am going to treat myself, sorry I mean my childminding setting (:laughing: ) to a Jofli bear. Although the bear is more expensive than Build a Bear ones, their clothes and accessories are cheaper - most outfits at Build a Bear are £15-20 for whole outfit, whereas Jofli is about £7-10.

I may also get one this week so he can come on holiday with us at the end of the month to get him started on his way!!!

I will then mention it in my June newsletter and ask parents if they want to take him away. I know one of my LOs is going on holiday in late July. I can only ask.

Like I say, if not, I will just take our bear with us when we take days out and document those days in his log book.

My children's primary school has a travelling bear and we took him away once. The kids loved it - they dressed him each day and took pictures everywhere.:D

francinejayne
03-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I had thought about doing this but never got round to it. My only EYFS mindee is going on holiday on Wednesday, and she's at pre-school tomorrow afternoon, so whilst I've got an hour spare I think I'm going to go shopping! I like the idea of buying 2 bears the same, and I also think I'm going to go with the scrap book idea, with parents completing a sheet and me sticking it in! I also like the idea of the map on the wall - though my house is really being taken over now!!! :laughing:

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I keep going backwards and forwards between the build a bear site and Jofli site, I am so undecided... :rolleyes: I do love Jofli's backpack, but like the choice at build a bear more, decisions, decisions. :o I wonder if the Jofli backpack would fit on a build a bear ted? I can't seem to see a size on the Jofli bears but I think from memory it was just really the legs that were shorter.

Also I now have the dilemma of a boy or a girl and I have to name it as I know there is no way the mindees would ever agree on a name, unless they choose one each and we draw it from a hat. :D

Those of you who have a Jofli bear, do you think the backpack would fit a B-A-B ted and does the backpack have a handle for you to carry the ted in IYSWIM?

Cazz
03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I've googled Jofli Bear (I'd never heard of it before) and I'm really tempted but .....

1. Not exactly cheap especially if there's a chance of it getting lost (certainly couldn't afford to buy 2 and have a spare!)

2. Not sure that the logbook would be necessary if the book wasn't going to be sent out with the teddy

3. The teddy doesn't seem to be washable - imagine what state it may come back in :eek:

On the plus side...

1. I like the backpack - especially as the child can "wear" the teddy so less chance of putting him down and leaving him.

2. It's nice that you can have your own webpage on the site and post your own photo's.

3. I think you can buy more clothes for him.

Oh what a dilemma!! Have to say it was more than I was planning to spend but...!

Does anyone know where else you could get a cheaper teddy with it's own backpack (I like the idea of popping a card in for anyone that may find him).

Cazz
03-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I keep going backwards and forwards between the build a bear site and Jofli site, I am so undecided... :rolleyes: I do love Jofli's backpack, but like the choice at build a bear more, decisions, decisions. :o I wonder if the Jofli backpack would fit on a build a bear ted? I can't seem to see a size on the Jofli bears but I think from memory it was just really the legs that were shorter.

Also I now have the dilemma of a boy or a girl and I have to name it as I know there is no way the mindees would ever agree on a name, unless they choose one each and we draw it from a hat. :D

Those of you who have a Jofli bear, do you think the backpack would fit a B-A-B ted and does the backpack have a handle for you to carry the ted in IYSWIM?

You're having the same dilemma's as me :laughing:

I think I saw the Jofli bear is 33cm if that's any help?

Can you buy the backpack seperately then?

That may be the answer :thumbsup:

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes, I think it's £9.99 + p&p for the backpack, but was wondering if the straps were suitable for an adult, as he will be coming on holiday with us too and I have no young cildren of my own to carry it for me, he is 21! :panic:

I have already done the log book pages ready to print out, but will just give them a couple of pages to take away with them. I'm getting a map of the UK as well as the world for the wall, an atlas and a globe too, so we can plot his progress, wherever he may go, lots of my parents go to centre parcs etc, so thought we would have a UK one too. I am getting really excited about this now, just hope it works as well as I want it to. :thumbsup: I think i've decided on a build a bear so will go fetch him tomorrow. :D

AnnieM
03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh, and ive decided on a boy called Buddy. I mostly have boys so didn't think they would want to take anything pink and sparkly on holiday with them. :blush: Buddy as I have tried to think of a name that I am unlikely to come accross in a child in the future, but you never know. :)

monkey62
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I have got one but I'm using only when kids are going in a holiday( parents are quiet busy and not very intrested in other times), sometimes I my use when kids going for week end away. Is very appealing for little childen as for older ones. They are very excited where they come back. We even do a passport for the teddy...... good fun

Monkey1
04-05-2010, 04:21 AM
We have Charlie Monkey ( well we actually have two.....one big one and one little one for holidays etc) My parents are really good and take loads of photos etc. He has been to italy, dubai, America (twice) scotland, wales. He has been in an opperating theatre with one of my mindees! The children love looking up about his travels.
I also have a Monkey called Wellington who has gone to live with a childcare provider in America and her bear Washington is over here with us........the children email their adventures to each other which is brilliant.

Forum Fred didn't take off because nobody posted him on in time or wrote much about his adventures! Pm me if anyone is interested and we could start him up again.

If you phone build a bear and explain your a childminder and that you will be doing a project with the children they allow you to visit the store and make a bear up to the value of £25 for free!:clapping: The children made a pink monkey called Kathleen and Charlie and her got married:laughing: We had wedding cake and everything!

Monkey1
04-05-2010, 04:22 AM
If you look on my facebook photos you will see Charlie with his friend the Queen!

angeldelight
04-05-2010, 05:58 AM
I have a travelling ted

"Buttercup "

Hes been all over the world and hes been to see a lot of members in the forum......... some though led him astray so he had to have some time off to recover :laughing: :laughing: Pauline, Lorraine to name but a few ha ha

My bear is a normal bear that cost under 10 pound , he is only small the reason being is that I found people do not want to pay the postage when sending him back. Also easy to replace when someone decides not to send him back to you - which happened to me

If anyone wants a visit from " Buttercup " then message me and we will arrange something now he is starting his travels again

Angel xxx

mama2three
04-05-2010, 06:52 AM
I have adapted the idea of the welsh teddy i saw in who minds and we have a spanish one , he joins in with lots of our activities and is going to spain with mindee in June. The 3 year olds are making him a passport and we are filling a little case for him , ( whilst teaching sun safety alongside!).
Smiley the crocodile ( from the stop the rot campaign) has been home several times with mindees to see how they brush their teeth at home ,he takes his own toothbrush and a new one for mindee. Ofsted mentioned this in my report too.

TammyN
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I WOULD WELCOME A BEAR TO STAY AT MY SETTING, I THINK IT'S A FAB IDEA :clapping: I'M ALSO GOING TO RING BUILD A BEAR AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR ME :clapping:
TAMMY

Mookins
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
my neice and nephews have done this at their school, i think its a fab idea...defo gonna do this, may even start now and send one to my older brother in the army...he will travel far lol

anyone want to send one this way the broads are beautiful all teddies, dogs, monkeys etc will love their break lol

x x x

Cazz
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
If you phone build a bear and explain your a childminder and that you will be doing a project with the children they allow you to visit the store and make a bear up to the value of £25 for free!:clapping: The children made a pink monkey called Kathleen and Charlie and her got married:laughing: We had wedding cake and everything!

Wow - thanks for that Monkey - I'm going to phone them later!

Mookins
04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
If you phone build a bear and explain your a childminder and that you will be doing a project with the children they allow you to visit the store and make a bear up to the value of £25 for free!:clapping: The children made a pink monkey called Kathleen and Charlie and her got married:laughing: We had wedding cake and everything![/QUOTE]

that is brilliant will also give them a call...do you have to show them your reg cert or anything? in which case i will wait x

Pauline
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Wow that's fantastic, didn't know that - thanks Monkey, you do have your uses :D

sandy64
04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
i bought a jofli bear at manchester the other week its great havent sent it home yet but that was a great idea not sending all the diary home so will do that prob send him home this wkend with a lo. does anyone do a letter about losing it charging non returning bear?:)

francinejayne
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm just back from a quick afternoon shop. I told my mindee about the bear at lunchtime and she is soooooo excited to take him (she's named him Lewis) on holiday with her.
I bought 2 cheap bears from a card shop - £3.98 for the 2!
I also bought a scrap book, and I've done a letter from Mum asking her to write on an A4 sheet of paper and stick photo's on if possible. I will then glue it in the scrapbook.
Cheap and it serves the purpose!!

TammyN
04-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm just back from a quick afternoon shop. I told my mindee about the bear at lunchtime and she is soooooo excited to take him (she's named him Lewis) on holiday with her.
I bought 2 cheap bears from a card shop - £3.98 for the 2!
I also bought a scrap book, and I've done a letter from Mum asking her to write on an A4 sheet of paper and stick photo's on if possible. I will then glue it in the scrapbook.
Cheap and it serves the purpose!!

wow, u don't hang around do ya :laughing: i will have to get shopping i will aim to have it ready before the end of May.

solly
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I dont have a build a bear anywhere near me so am going to order a jofli bear and order a spare log book so that one can have a few pages in to go with the bear and then when it is returned i can transfer the written pages into the other log book that i will keep at home then put some more sheets in the one he will keep in his back pack.

I think the children will love it and i may see if my older mindees want to join in aswell:)

Monkey1
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow that's fantastic, didn't know that - thanks Monkey, you do have your uses :D

em, thanks i think:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Has anyone called them today? You might want to exagerate your numbers a bit!:thumbsup:

TammyN
04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I have never seen a jofli bear, just checked out the site and i want one now!!!!! so much cuter than build a bear, i will have to stretch my month budget and treat myself..ooops...my setting ;)

Cazz
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
em, thanks i think:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Has anyone called them today? You might want to exagerate your numbers a bit!:thumbsup:

I phoned the head office number and the lady that answered didn't know but said she would put me through to the marketing department and no-one answered the phone :rolleyes:

I then tried my local shop but got a message saying "all the bears are currently serving customers, please leave a message"!

I'll try again tomorrow!

AnnieM
04-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Good luck!! I rang and asked and they said you needed a rather large minimum number and as I only have 1 or 2 at the most at one time during the day, it was a bit of a no go really. I went along this morning and explained what we were doing, but he still cost me £28. :eek: He has got a really cool pair of sunglasses and a passport though as he is hopefully going to be a well travelled chap. He is off on the 21st of this month for a weekend away somewhere, but they don't know where yet. He is going to Disneyland Paris in the summer hols, Jersey, Turkey with me in September and Corfu later this month.

Anyway here is Buddy. We stopped at the coffee shop after having our bear made, as it was hard work stuffing that bear!! :D
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/annalbans/028.jpg

Cazz
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Can you remember what the minimum number was?

Just wondered if I could get away with inventing some mindees :D

Buddy looks lovely and is certainly enjoying his coffee!!

Monkey1
05-05-2010, 04:24 AM
I think i told them 10, which is true..just not all at the same time:D I turned up with 4!
Have you got another minder/friend you can drag along with you?

Pauline
05-05-2010, 06:27 AM
The Forum can't condone telling fibs to get one :panic:

but leave it with me, I will contact them - who knows they might do us a discount code or something for Forum members?

Watch this space :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
05-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Carolyn and I have a Travelling Ted (well 2 actually,, but shhh don't tell the children think there is only one lol) We bought ours from Asda I think they were about £3 each. He has his own draw string bag and passport with his picture on, he went with us on the cruise last year :blush: We decided not to have clothes for him because the bear we used at nursery had a suitcase with his clothes in, but to be honest the clothing was a lot of hassle and expensive to replace if it gets lost on his travels. Although Im going to buy him a kilt for Cameron's wedding in Sept in the Dominican Republic, well he has to match the Groom lol
We have a notice board for all his photos

solly
05-05-2010, 07:38 AM
I have ordered my Jofli bear and in the end spent more than i anticipated as brought him the summer outfit and some pj's my own kids as they are older think i have well and truly lost the plot but i know my mindees will love him. will try and get him some sunglasses to go with him:)

When he arrives i will get the children to put their ideas for names in a hat and get my DH to pick one out.
He will be going to menorca with me, France with mindee, also down to Devon and probably a few more places as well when my parents decide to tell me when they are taking time off.

Cazz
05-05-2010, 11:36 AM
The Forum can't condone telling fibs to get one :panic:

but leave it with me, I will contact them - who knows they might do us a discount code or something for Forum members?

Watch this space :thumbsup:

Aw thanks Pauline - you're fab and I'm sure you'll be able to sweet talk them!! :D

I wasn't going to fib - I can't help it that each of my mindees have a couple of imaginary friends and they would be heartbroken if they weren't included! :laughing:

helenlc
05-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Please let me know if you make any head way Pauline - I am very interested!!!

TammyN
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I HAVE JUST SPOKE TO A LOVELY BEAR BUDDY AT BUILD A BEAR :clapping:
she has said it would be classed as en educational visit with a bear donated up to the equivelent of £25(as already said) age range is reception + although the littleones can come along and enjoy the experience, the children have to attend the visit. im going to go and book at the weekend, yey :clapping: :clapping: just need to figure out when we are all available, were off school in June so prob then for my school children to attend!

maisiemog
05-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I am totally getting myself one of these! They look great!!! One of my mindees goes away a lot as his mum is a travel agent so gets cheap hols!

Plus we're going away soon and even if none of the mindees do it I think it will be lovely for DD. DH will probably think we're mad taking photos of a teddy but oh well!

AnnieM
05-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Which one did you ring? I will be phoning again and booking one for my older kids in the holidays then and we will have a girl bear to go with the boy bear as my little girl mindee was quite put out that he was a boy!! Did they mention numbers, as I was sure the 'bear' on the other end of the phone told me 6 minimum, well I look after more than that but would struggle to get them all attending at the same time, let alone get them all to the shop. :panic:

AnnieM
05-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I am totally getting myself one of these! They look great!!! One of my mindees goes away a lot as his mum is a travel agent so gets cheap hols!

Plus we're going away soon and even if none of the mindees do it I think it will be lovely for DD. DH will probably think we're mad taking photos of a teddy but oh well!

My OH already knows I'm mad, Buddy Bear is coming with us to Turkey in September and I don't even have any little kids, mines 21!! I am going with my OH, mum, sister and SIL, so at least OH will have some male company... :laughing: Buddy is now booked to go to Cornwall at the beginning of June, a weekend away (not sure where yet though) 21st May, France and Disney in July, Jersey in July, Turkey in September and other mindees want to take him but they couldn't remember where or when so waiting for confirmation from parents on that one (just hope it doesn't clash or she'll be gutted, unless we get the girl bear) , he has his pawsport ready, his Jofli backpack is on order, just need to buy him a couple of things, (toothbrush etc) and he's all set for a lifetime of adventure. :D Gosh I'm sad...:blush:

TammyN
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Which one did you ring? I will be phoning again and booking one for my older kids in the holidays then and we will have a girl bear to go with the boy bear as my little girl mindee was quite put out that he was a boy!! Did they mention numbers, as I was sure the 'bear' on the other end of the phone told me 6 minimum, well I look after more than that but would struggle to get them all attending at the same time, let alone get them all to the shop. :panic:

i rang Warrington as it's closest to me, gonna pop down tomorrow and book in, she didn't give a minimum no, just age appropriate scale? i explained "i was a childminder and would be doing a travelling bear activity with the mindees, i wondered was there a discount?" she then said it could come under educational visit if children came of school age :clapping: i will post more when i find out.

does anyone know does the jofli backpac/clothes fit a build a bear?

AnnieM
05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Not sure about the clothes as Jofli had very short legs, a bit like myself. :( But I am hoping his backpack fits as I have one on order, Jofli is I believe 33cm and the build a bears are 38 or 40cm, but I think that jofli's size is just down to his lack of leg length. I will let you know when mine comes. It was £11.94 with postage, but I think it is the best one for both bear and kids. :thumbsup: Look forward to hearing what they say tomorrow. :)

Did just have a think that I could go one evening after school, if they do the visits then. Will have to give them a ring again and speak to a different 'bear' see what they say.

Monkey1
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Pauline i don't fib!:panic: :panic: :panic: ..........i may expand the truth a little, but never fib!:littleangel:

Pauline
05-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Pauline i don't fib!:panic: :panic: :panic: ..........i may expand the truth a little, but never fib!:littleangel:

So when you said you loved Breezy was that expanding the truth? :D

Monkey1
06-05-2010, 03:48 PM
So when you said you loved Breezy was that expanding the truth? :D

Nope......that was a downright lie!:rolleyes: :cool: :D

solly
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
My Jofli bear arrived today :clapping: he is a really lovely bear my daughter who is off to uni in September has named him Alfie so that is what he will be called he has his travelling outfit on and his pj's in his rucksack so is now ready to go on his travels:) :)

TammyN
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
My Jofli bear arrived today :clapping: he is a really lovely bear my daughter who is off to uni in September has named him Alfie so that is what he will be called he has his travelling outfit on and his pj's in his rucksack so is now ready to go on his travels:) :)

:clapping: when did you order him?

solly
06-05-2010, 04:31 PM
I ordered him on Tuesday night and got confirmation he had been despatched yesterday so a very quick service.

My mindees havent seen him yet as they all went early today:)

AnnieM
06-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Oooh how exciting, I think we need a picture of him in his outfits. :cool: I have ordered the jofli backpack and the raincoat (well, he is off to Cornwall with a mindee in June so is bound to need one :rolleyes: ) for my build a bear, so really hoping they fit him. :)

solly
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I will take some pictures of him in his outfits tonight and put them on here later:)

Beetlejuice
06-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm glad I've seen this. I saw Jofli at the Leeds conference last year and wasn't sure I could make it work but you ladies once again have shown me it can work!! Will spend some time tomorrow deciding on Jofli and outfits lol!!

TammyN
07-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Oooh how exciting, I think we need a picture of him in his outfits. :cool: I have ordered the jofli backpack and the raincoat (well, he is off to Cornwall with a mindee in June so is bound to need one :rolleyes: ) for my build a bear, so really hoping they fit him. :)

well plans changed and im going to build a bear today to book a day to build, i will update later :clapping: nothing ever goes to plan here :blush:
let me know if Jofli stuff fits so i can order please :littleangel:

solly
07-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Nanny Mcphee if you want to see mine i will bring him to minis & minders next Thursday :)

AnnieM
07-05-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm hoping it arrives today, so will let you know if it fits when he has had a chance to try them on. I will have to prise him off my little mindee first. :laughing:

loocyloo
07-05-2010, 08:27 AM
we have 'molly matt the travelling cat'!

think she was a £1 in asda! she is a beany type and size. the children all chose names and we pulled them out of a hat!

i have one mindee who loves to take her home, but never puts anything in her diary, and no one else is that bothered! i don't have all of mine in the holidays, and as thats when i do lots with the mindees, i don't really want her vanishing for weeks on end!

i was thinking that we need to re-vamp and start afresh! maybe we'll get a new something! i'm interested in the build a bear bears, but i like the fact that molly matt is small enough to be tucked into a pocket!

hmmm - thinking cap on!

AnnieM
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
My Jofli backapck and raincoat have just arrived and they do fit the build a bears. Buddy looks all set for Cornwall in his raincoat. :rolleyes: I am very impressed with the quality of the back pack, it is just like a really good miniature adults backpack and the carrying strap will fit from younger children to adults. Only problem is I have done my log book to A5 size and it is too big to fit in it, so may well end up either making my own folder or buying a jofli logbook. :rolleyes:

TammyN
07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
My Jofli backapck and raincoat have just arrived and they do fit the build a bears. Buddy looks all set for Cornwall in his raincoat. :rolleyes: I am very impressed with the quality of the back pack, it is just like a really good miniature adults backpack and the carrying strap will fit from younger children to adults. Only problem is I have done my log book to A5 size and it is too big to fit in it, so may well end up either making my own folder or buying a jofli logbook. :rolleyes:

brill thank you, :( didn't get out today, so have had to purspone my visit to build a bear again, see that's why i don't plan it never works!! my dd is poorly so we stayed close to home, good job it's my day off :)

Beetlejuice
07-05-2010, 03:56 PM
After having a few snuggles with Solly's Jofli today I've ordered one!!! My husband didn't look too impressed with it (he met us for lunch) but I'm very taken with the little bear. I am going to let my mindees name him and I'm going to let my parents know about him in my next newsletter - luckily they are all on holiday at different times this summer!:thumbsup:

solly
07-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Glad you have ordered one he is lovely.:) I think your DH thought I had lost the plot when i produced it at lunch time. I am sure your mindees will love taking him away with them:)

AnnieM
07-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I haven't showed mine to DH yet, he already thinks I am mad and spend far too much on minding stuff, so thought I would just let Buddy hang around for a while and then pretend he has been here years. :laughing: :thumbsup:

Beetlejuice
07-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Glad you have ordered one he is lovely.:) I think your DH thought I had lost the plot when i produced it at lunch time. I am sure your mindees will love taking him away with them:)

DH definitely thinks we've all lost the plot - though not perhaps as much as the mums at soft play this morning when you were photographing your Jofli in the ball pool!!!!:laughing: I went for the green one - cannot wait for him to arrive.:o

solly
07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I certainly got some very strange looks:laughing: I could just imagine the look on their faces if i had taken up the idea of yours and the others that i should of gone down the slide with him instead of the mindees:laughing:

TammyN
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
OK so i finally got to build a bear today :clapping: it is heaven :blush:
i have booked under educational group, although was unsure as the conditions state 'group', minimum of 6 children but she was expecting more in a group to make it worth while for staff to leave the floor! so she agreed if childminder groups were to attend, 2-3 childminders and the children mainly school age then there would be no problem in booking for a free bear worth £25, rainbows, scouts, etc all do this. the bear could be shared between the group then and go on more travels ;)
hope this clarify's it, im off to view Jofli backpack now :clapping:

TammyN
10-05-2010, 08:35 PM
just been on Jofli site and ordered a backpack, log book, story and a t-shirt for my bear, we build him next week and i'm so excited :clapping:
bought my dd's bear a liverpool kit as it was reduced in build a bear :blush: she absolutly loves it but my ds is now adament this new bear will have man unt :panic: my dh is not impressed being an avid red!!
oh well, i'm so excited.