PDA

View Full Version : No Show parent today

maisiemog
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Waited in most of the morning for prospective parents today and they didnt turn up....:angry:

Do they honestly think I had nothing better to do than sit in on a bank holiday monday and wait for them???? I told them that we were going out in the afternoon so they would have to come in the morning!!! And waiting to see if they showed up meant we were late!!!

Will be getting into contact with them when I've calmed down a bit! Just think its soooo rude to just not turn up! Grrr!!!

Pipsqueak
03-05-2010, 05:06 PM
at least they have shown their true colours this early on (unless they have a genuine excuse - although there is such a thing as a phone or text)

ORKSIE
03-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Dont it make you crossss.
But.......like Pip said there may be a reason:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
OOh, how annoying, I have a parent coming tomorrow and I must admit for the first time ever I text her today to confirm that she was still coming tomorrow night, cos I dont want to mess around waiting if she is not going to turn up! She has said that she is coming so hopefully all okay!

Gizmo
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Its so annoying has happened to me a couple of times :angry:

Toothfairy
03-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Whatever their reason for not turning up, a text wouldn't have hurt.

Hope you get another enquiry soon. :thumbsup:

little_gems
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
you can normaly tell whats someones going to be like. so a no show is definatly one to keep clear of.

I remember i had one, i rang and asked where they were as i had to go out (they were 30 min late) she said oh we're just leaving will be there in 15 min and never showed up!!!!:mad:

crazyhazy
03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
This happened to me on tuesday, they were meant to come at 1pm and I finally got hold of them about 5pm, very apologetic, had forgotten etc, so rearranged for friday and guess what???? They didn;t show again!

Zoomie
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I've had a parent not show up.

Was booked to come on an evening whilst we were on holiday, and the rest of my family had scootered off for my nephew's birthday party.

I was not charmed when she didn't pitch up, eventhough I had confirmed with her the day before.

What got my goat the most was she was a childminder ..... I am yet to cross paths with her but when I do :angry: :angry: :angry:

monkey62
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I have learnt something from this kind of people..... so I never send/ give my full address until the previous day of the meeting when I call/ text to confirm the meeting and afterwards I send my address. I tell parents I don't give the address as I have to protect children on my care....etc
Is a very efficient way to confirm the meeting without looking desperate...

Mookins
04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
have you rand them Monkey62?
did you give em what for...grrrr thats not on x

Andrea08
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
whats the up date??? any news why they not showed?,,,

monkey62
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
have you rand them Monkey62?
did you give em what for...grrrr thats not on x

Did I said something wrong....?
I may be silly ..but I don't get your comment

Mookins
04-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Did I said something wrong....?
I may be silly ..but I don't get your comment

:blush: noooo...its me not reading the owner of the thread properly
so so so so so sorry...duh, cant spell either, was meant to say did you ring them masiemog, id give them what for...grrr thats not on!

:o sorry hun
x x x

monkey62
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
:blush: noooo...its me not reading the owner of the thread properly
so so so so so sorry...duh, cant spell either, was meant to say did you ring them masiemog, id give them what for...grrr thats not on!

:o sorry hun
x x x

That's o.k. Don't worry. I thaught I said something wrong.
Good luck with your registration

maisiemog
04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Yep, rang them and apparently they have already found somebody else closer to home. Grrrrr!!! Nice of them to let me know! I did tell them that I rearranged plans to meet them and she wasn't bothered! Their loss I guess and I'm probably better off not minding their kiddy if thats their attitude!

Mookins
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Yep, rang them and apparently they have already found somebody else closer to home. Grrrrr!!! Nice of them to let me know! I did tell them that I rearranged plans to meet them and she wasn't bothered! Their loss I guess and I'm probably better off not minding their kiddy if thats their attitude!

thats defo for the best then..ungrateful moo!

x x x

little_gems
04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
some people just dont have a clue.... your better off without people like that

Minstrel
05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I always keep their numbers/names/ addresses too for future list and keep it on a NO WAY list. We get so many enquiries that i don't want to forget and have them sneak back in another meeting 6 months down the line!