PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Temps

maisiemog
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey,

Just wondered if you record these every day or only on the days you are minding? I've just been doing mine on minding days and suddenly thought I'd better check thats right???

Don't really want to have to think of work things on my day off like that if I can avoid it!

mama2three
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I dont record the checks at all. The safer food better business pack tells us there is no need. It is on my daily ra that they are checked ( daily!) but not recorded unless there is a problem then it would be jotted in the diary part of the safer food pack. hth x

candy cat
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
I was inspected by EH and not a legal requirement to record temp.

sarah707
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
It is a legal requirement to...

Check temperatures of fridges / freezers are safe for storing food;

Record if something goes wrong such as temps going too high or food going off.

A lot of childminders prefer to check and then tick each day to say the temp is right, so they are covered in case of an incident of food poisoning.

Hth :D

AliceK
02-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I check mine only during the week days when I'm working. I have a daily RA sheet and against the kitchen fridge part I just jot down the temp. I just want to cover myself and it only takes a second to jot it down. I don't on weekends though.

xxxxxx

Blue Boy
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
We record the temp of the fridge & freezer in our diary on the days we are working. But keep an eye on it at weekends.