PDA

View Full Version : Advice from all you clever people please

moljak
01-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi
For the past 5 yrs I have taken my friends daughter to school with my own daughter and have her 2 daughters after school for at the most an hour or so.This has been a friendly arrangement.My friend works 3 days per week as a teacher.No cash passes hands as the way I saw it I go to school in the morning anyway and our daughters are best friends and my daughter can often be found at my friends house on her days off.The 2 girls are like an extention to my family and sleep over during holidays ect.
I also have them some teacher training days when grandparents are busy.
This happened Friday when i also had my 6mth mindee.
As I knew they were coming I had the day planned with activities ect to fit in with mindees sleep, eat pattern.
I know as they are all over 8 and not officially mindees I don't need to have planning ect available for ofsted but because my mindee was involved in the activities there was planning involved.
Am I confusing you yet? I'm confusing myself!

Some of the activities we did were
Visit to the park
Den building in the garden.6mth old lay on sheet while we built a den around her.She loved it!
Songs and dance
Storytime
Gluing and sticking with ribbons and materials.mindee loved to play with the textures.

Sooooo do I just show what I did for her and forget about the other 3 kids I had or do I include them even though they're not paying customers.

Hope I haven't lost you all.Thanks for reading :o :o

little_gems
02-05-2010, 06:09 AM
hi sorry i didnt want to read and run but i cant answer your question:blush: Hopefuly someone will be alomg with some information
Sorry

singlewiththree
02-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Ofsted are only concerned with the under 8's anyway. I would show her what you did for everyone as they were still included in your house and would have impacted on the care of your mindee. Thats not an official answer just my opinion

sarah707
02-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I show my group planning which affects ages the older ones as well as those in Eyfs...

I figure it can't hurt to show how busy and happy everyone is.

But Ofsted aren't interested in children on the Childcare Register or beyond.

Their remit is to inspect you for children who come within the Eyfs :D

moljak
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Thank you for making sense of my post and your replies.I will continue to plan and include in my planning.As you say they are in my home therefore are part of my childminding day :)