PDA

View Full Version : Accident forms

Straws
22-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi all, I not brought a accident book i just downloaded a accident sheet from the internet. My question is if a child has a accident do i fill it in and then place it in there individual folder, or do i just keep one folder with all accidents in from any child if you get what i mean LOL
Straws xx

sarah707
22-03-2008, 10:26 PM
This question has no answer because you can do either...

When I was inspected, I explained that because I mind and have teenagers I do not think it is a good idea to have an 'accident book' in my playroom as it would not be confidential. For this reason I have a file with a list of accidents, incidents, illnesses etc listed by initials and date only. These point the reader to individual records in the child's folder, which is, of course, locked away.

She was perfectly happy with this and saw the records in the folders.

Others have accident books.

I am sure that if you can justify it, then you're fine whichever you decide. :D

sarahcoutts21
23-03-2008, 12:45 AM
i agree with last poster nothing is right or wrong in this case!

i personally keep it with the first aid folder i did ponder whether to put it in their folders but didnt but i guess either is ok!!

miffy
23-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I keep accident forms for all children in one folder in date order - the inspector was happy with this method too

I agree with Sarah there is no right or wrong way - just do what suits you best

miffy xx

avril
23-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I keep my accident records in their individual folders locked away for confidentiallity.

Avril x:)

Alibali
23-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I keep accident forms in one folder and incident forms in one too. I think these are the records we have to keep for longest as a child can sue up until the age of 21 years, so if they are kept together they may be easier to find in the longer term. Not that I hope to need them.

Ali :)

deeb66
23-03-2008, 06:22 PM
I keep all accidents & incidents together in a folder but filled seperately under the children name.

Again my inspector was more than happy with that.