PDA

View Full Version : ages and routine

sophiemarie
01-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Hi all I am quite new to childminding and have just got a new mindiee who is 8 months .
The ages of children I will now have will be :
3 years at nursery in morning
2 years
8 months
As I have not had a baby (apart form my own that are now older) to look after.
How do you manage your areas and daily routine.
At present I have a playroom and outside area where children spend alot of the time but I don't know if this may not be safe for a baby any help world be very much appreciated :) :)

Shar
01-05-2010, 10:21 AM
You need to do a risk assessment and make sure that all your toys, equipment and rooms used (including the garden) for the children are safe. With supervision and age appropriate toys you should'nt have a problem.

francinejayne
01-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi all I am quite new to childminding and have just got a new mindiee who is 8 months .
The ages of children I will now have will be :
3 years at nursery in morning
2 years
8 months
As I have not had a baby (apart form my own that are now older) to look after.
How do you manage your areas and daily routine.
At present I have a playroom and outside area where children spend alot of the time but I don't know if this may not be safe for a baby any help world be very much appreciated :) :)

I'm in the same situation as you as from June, with exactly the same aged children! The 2 year old is my own DS, and so I know the house is 'baby' proof as he's been with me for the last 2 years!! :laughing:

However, on Wednesday I invited some CM friends and all their children over for the morning, and it was really interesting. Things that are within my son's reach that he just doesn't bother with, the other children were drawn to them (my ornaments, not toys!), so it made me realise that each child is different and I may have to adapt my house once the baby comes in June.

You need to do a very thorough risk assessment. Crawl around the house to see what's on their level, you'll be surprised at what you find!!