PDA

View Full Version : sandpit help for 2 year old help please

kimberley123
30-04-2010, 10:16 AM
hi im a quite new childminder
and like some help please i just doing a obs on a child shes been playing in a sandpit all morning i took some picture and trying to type up what i can put please
shes 2 and a half and been playing for about a hour she loves
its says on my sheet this
what does this picture tell you? ( picture is of her lookign and playign in pit )
so wat would you put ?
the it says what links to the eyfs ? is it just creative play or would you say something else?
it also says next steps

please help you nice people please

Chell
30-04-2010, 10:24 AM
What was she playing with in the sandpit? eg cars making tracks? building castles? burying shells or her hands?

One of your next steps could be to incorporate some rhymes eg Pat a cake, pat a cake.

kimberley123
30-04-2010, 10:26 AM
hi
she was makeing noise and getting her hands and letting sand go through it ect and useing a spade to rake ect
so what would you put in the link eyfs bit ? it just creative play or anything else and shall i say in the picture bit? sorry i finding it so hard!

kimberley123
30-04-2010, 10:39 AM
so is it just creavite play that links with this would anyone say ? please

sarah707
30-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Have a look through the guidance to the Eyfs where it shows age and stage information for the child's age.

You will probably find links to Psed as she is playing and concentrating for a long time.

You might also find links to Pd as she is using her muscles and whole body to play in the sand, pushing it along with her hands etc.

Hth :D