PDA

View Full Version : Portable Potty's

dlissaman
30-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi,

Does anybody use or recommend purchasing a portable potty, if so is there a particular make/model and where is the best place to purchase from.

Thanks

Curly Quavers
30-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn't know you could get such a thing (what a good idea)

Sorry I have been of no help to your questions :laughing:

The Juggler
30-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Mothercare do them but the liners etc are expensive. I used to replace with Londis carrier bags (no holes) and cheap sanitary towels (bumper pack).

Now I just carry my potty with me the normal one. I empty out wees and if it's a poo I put it in a nappy and nappy bag it.

dlissaman
30-04-2010, 12:54 PM
You can I have seen one used, the one I saw was a

Bibs and Stuff Potette Plus.

It looked o.k. its liner had an absorbant pad in the bottom. It folded flat into its own little bag and i understand it could be converted to a trainer seat.

I am wondering if it is worth purchasing if anybody knows of any other makes that they could recommend.

Curly Quavers
30-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I just googled them and you can get some kind of stuff that turns the pee to gel so it does splosh :D

They do look rather expensive when you could just do what jugglers does.

dlissaman
30-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Juggler, yes i am wondering if it may be a bit too decadant.

sweets
30-04-2010, 01:34 PM
never used one! if desparate then little boys go behind a tree and little girls get hitched up behind a tree :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
30-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I have one. But like Juggler, I use plastic bags/nappy sacks (some are big enough) and savers sanitary towels - ASDA must think I have a major problem, I get 10 packs at a time :laughing: I use 2 in it for bigger kids and wrap in another bag to dispose.

Much smaller to take about than my big potty - mine is an old version which does not go into a toilet seat.

PixiePetal
30-04-2010, 03:04 PM
never used one! if desparate then little boys go behind a tree and little girls get hitched up behind a tree :laughing: :laughing:

fine if there is a tree :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: not so good at a bus stop:D

sweets
30-04-2010, 04:16 PM
fine if there is a tree :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: not so good at a bus stop:D

you may have a point there! :laughing: :laughing:

flora
30-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I have the old tomee tippee one it brill :clapping:

I couldn't have mnaged potty training hannah without one as when she needed to go she NEEDED to go :D

The Juggler
30-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I use plastic bags/nappy sacks (some are big enough) and savers sanitary towels - ASDA must think I have a major problem, I get 10 packs at a time :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shar
30-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Me too, I got a tomee tipee travel potty. It folds up/ down and is useful. I use kitchen towel inside a nappy sack, works a treat.:thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
30-04-2010, 05:22 PM
oh for the days of bending over holding a child with no pants on over the grass verge as juggernauts rumble past. You shouting "keep weeing cos its going down my leg!" child shouting "its windy on my bits mum!"

those were the days.......

mandy xxxxx

Chimps Childminding
30-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Completely off the message, but when my 4 boys were young (triplets and one 18 months younger) you could bet if we were out for a walk and one needed a wee the rest decided they needed one too!!! Line of bums stood facing a tree was quite normal in our village!!!!:laughing: Now I am sure someone would complain :blush:

onceinabluemoon
30-04-2010, 07:05 PM
This is what I have http://www.johnlewis.com/230617523/Product.aspx?source=14798 its brill!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
30-04-2010, 09:12 PM
i have one of these from mother care and its the best thing ever!!

I used it with my first daughter and now again with my second daughter, its so handy.

mama2three
01-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I had the old tommee tippee one for the older boys and it was a godsend. I used nappy sacks and cheap sanitary towels rather than buy the expensive liners too. I remember waiting for a bus in Vilanova bus station with ds1 sat on it and getting some very strange looks!! And it was great in the car too for travel sickness!
When we started potty training ds3 it was a 'must buy'..got the pottette plus , and tbh never used it! It is quite small so just stayed in the basket under the buggy ' just in case'.
I suppose all kids are different , but i would definately recommend having one !

dlissaman
01-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks for all your pro's, con's and cost cutting ideas.

I will try and get one today. (No Mothercare, John Lewis and very small Boots) other wise it is a trip to the city tomorrow.

I got caught out last week in the middle of no where, with a little girl, she is only just 2 and potty/toilet trained, doing really well but did not take to me trying to hold her out whilst I straddled. It was not a pleasant experience for either of us :panic:

On this subject give me a boy anyday.

mamasheshe
01-05-2010, 08:23 AM
i have a big potty with a lid and it has a detachable toilet seat tray for wipes or tissue and a potty (which is small) so i just take the little potty with me in a carrier and pour down drain or bag it up in a nappy and bag. i think i got it from argos it's blue and green if that helps!