PDA

View Full Version : went well now need to do the deed

sandy64
30-04-2010, 07:26 AM
hi all thanks for your support r.e other threads ive got the lo but now have to do the worst thing out terminate the other lo contract who i havent had for 5wks owes me 5 wks as cant afford to pay me so hopefully it want be a surprise she did say if i filled the place she would sign to terminate contract asap. But will she in 23 yrs ive never had to terminate a contract i feel sick been up all night worry evan thought of not taking lo on but finacially i need to so please wish me luck i love the lo and is such a nice child to look after which makes it worse but no money no child.

sarah707
30-04-2010, 07:57 AM
At the end of the day you are doing a job and deserve to be paid.

I hope the mum takes it ok. Good luck!

Let us know how you get on :D

auntym
30-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Good luck hon. I think the parent will actually consider herself fortunate to have found a minder who was understanding also. Hope everything goes ok x x

Fabby
30-04-2010, 08:55 AM
You must not feel bad at all! You wouldn't go to tesco and not pay for your shopping! Keep your chin up and get it done. (((HUGS))))

tracey36
30-04-2010, 09:25 AM
good luck hope all goes well xx

angiemog
30-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Thinking of you, hope it goes ok for you x

funfunfun
30-04-2010, 09:53 AM
You must not feel bad at all! You wouldn't go to tesco and not pay for your shopping! Keep your chin up and get it done. (((HUGS))))

This is so true :)

good luck with it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne59
30-04-2010, 10:26 AM
good luck!

sandy64
30-04-2010, 12:04 PM
i cant get hold of mum not answerin phone/text been to her house her shop im gunna lose the other lo as cant mess them around i also no i have to be proffesional and give notice or she needs to sign letter asap as a agreed what would you do:panic:

sarah707
30-04-2010, 12:31 PM
There is no legal or other requirement for a parent to sign a letter to confirm you are giving them notice.

You can put a letter in the post, to be signed for when it arrives, with details about the child's last day and the amount owed.

keep a copy for your records and that's all you legally have to do.

As the parent has agreed to it, there shouldn't be any surprise anyway.

Don't lose a new child because you can't contact another parent. xx

The Juggler
30-04-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree with Sarah, post it through the door today, notice will be effective from today then.

Curly Quavers
30-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I agree with Sarah, post it through the door today, notice will be effective from today then.

yes just put the letter through her door and keep a copy for your file. I have never heard of this before I didn't get a letter signed by my parent when I gave notice.

Trouble
30-04-2010, 01:24 PM
good luck sweetie xxx

Goatgirl
30-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi :),
I agree with the others: you don't need parents' agreement to terminate. Good luck with new lo. I think the previous Mum was very lucky to have had you on 'standby' for so long and hopefully she appreciates that :).

bws,
Wendy

sandy64
30-04-2010, 03:28 PM
hi the letter to be signed is a letter to terminate without notice mum said she would 2wks ago if i could fill place, if i give 4weeks notice i dont need signature just spoke to ncma again as tryed all day to get hold of the mum and they have said i can take a chance send letter to terminate immediately and hopefully mum want take legal action against me or do 4wks notice im stressed dont no what to do cant afford to lose new lo tho. wish i could just speak to her to sort it out.