PDA

View Full Version : nursery children can't play!

sweets
30-04-2010, 06:57 AM
me and my friend both have 3 year old mindees. recently both children have started nursery just a few seeions a week and boy have they changed!

before going they both played really well, with each other and independantly when not together. since starting nursery both children now seem to just wander around, we have put it down to be stimulated too much at nursery they flit from one toy to another not really 'playing' with anything, as i think there is just too much to offer whereas at home we dont have room fulls of toys out at once.

anyone else find this?

sarah707
30-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Yes I do!

Sometimes it's tiredness but often yes they just wander around, not able to settle.

I wonder if it is over stimulation as you say? They just don't seem to know where to start.

I would give them lots of one-to-one, use puppets with stories to engage them.

I'd also try and find routine at the other setting so you can complement it with what you are offering them.

Hth :D

maisiemog
30-04-2010, 07:01 AM
You could be describing my 3yo mindee as well! She bores so easily and has to have every toy out, plays with it for about 30 seconds and then wants the next! Not very good at sharing toys either and always wants what someone else is playing with!

louised
30-04-2010, 07:23 AM
I have two 4 year olds who both attend nursery on opposite sessions, sometimes they are with me on their own as the other one is at nursery and I have no other mindees, they just tend to wander around and never really engage in anything, it's like they have lost the ability to play