PDA

View Full Version : Mums Boyfriend / Unexpected Pick Up

Bernie
29-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Today my mindees mums boyfriend arrived on pick up.
I was not expecting him so told him I need to check with 'Mum'.
All was fine and she had just forgot to tell me.

She has asked if she can sign a permission form to allow 'boyfriend' to pick up on any day without me being aware first. (I hope that makes sense).

Is this allowed? He is not mindees dad. He does not have parental responsibility.

Your advise would be gratefully appreciated.

x

Goatgirl
29-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi :),
yes that's fine: its up to the person with parental responsibility i.e. Mum, who is allowed to collect the child.

bws,
Wendy

babs
29-04-2010, 08:20 PM
when mine sign a contract i get them to include who is allowed to pick up, which can include a friends , grandparents, older brothers or sisters aunts, uncles etc... once signed if they turn up at pick up time then i hand over to them... ask parents to keep me informed asap if any of theses people change... hth

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 08:42 PM
i bumped into my mindees grandma at her workplace yesterday and she wanted to take him home with her when she finished, i told her i wanted to text mum but if i didn't get a reply wouldn't hand him over and she was fine. Just didn't want to risk it, you never know there could have been a family fall out or something. I didn't hear from mum so kept him with me but grandma understood. Mum said she's glad i was over cautious.

Bernie
29-04-2010, 08:48 PM
It the best way to be, but can feel very awkward at times don't you think? Especially when you know family so well.

x

sweets
29-04-2010, 08:51 PM
i have permission for childs nana to pick her up anytime, nana works fulltime but sometimes finishes early and when she does she always comes for grandchild to take them out for ice-cream, she contacts mum to tell her not to pick LO up, it works fine as we are usually in in the afternoons, sometimes she even comes about 2pm which is great as i get an early finish too!

Goatgirl
29-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It the best way to be, but can feel very awkward at times don't you think? Especially when you know family so well.

x

It is awkward, but you did the right thing despite that, so good for you. I expect Mum just hadn't thought about it. I think her asking to supply you with written permission for bf to collect shows she respects your professionalism. I expect she was very reassured. :)

bws, Wendy