PDA

View Full Version : All about me theme

Fabby
29-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I want to do a display to start off with in my playroom and i thought this would be an ideal activity for us to start doing seen as all the children are new. Could you share with me some ideas that you have across in the past. I have just had a look for some threads but cant seem to find any.... im sure there are some somewhere!
Ive thought we could draw round one of the children and put signs next to the body parts arms, legs, nose, toes etc etc. Have a photo of the child and Have speech bubbles of favourite things and other family informaion such as pets. Now my mind as gone blank, please help! Thanks :)

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 08:20 PM
make a book...my nephew showed me a book he made at nursery. It had all his favourite things in

spaghetti

cars

socks

my eldest daughter Emily!

cats

etc

all with a picture and the words underneath

he was very very very proud.

mandy x

Leanne59
29-04-2010, 09:48 PM
make a book...my nephew showed me a book he made at nursery. It had all his favourite things in

spaghetti

cars

socks

my eldest daughter Emily!

cats

etc

all with a picture and the words underneath

he was very very very proud.

mandy x

how cute! what a good idea.

grindal
30-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I did someting similar to this. Did outlines of kids and then they spent the next few weeks cutting and sticking things they had made and things they liked onto the outline.
ALso make mini photo abums of them and their families, and paper plates of family pics.
If you have a camera you could get them to take pics of favourite places, things family and use them for collages etc.

Fabby
30-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds good. Going be doing some very simple things like hand and foot prints because i want to include the baby. Anyone got any good links/websites for this kind of thing for All about me? It is going be something that stays up and keep adding to it.

sam lush
30-04-2010, 07:52 PM
i got some disposible cameras from the pound shop and gave it to the kids so they could take pictures of their day and got them to take it home as well they took pictures of their world around them it made a great book and display and ofsted loved it :laughing:

miffy
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
There's an all about me book here that you could adapt

http://www.earlylearningactivities.com/PDF/aamb.pdf

Miffy xx

sandy64
01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
thanks for that its great:)

nell57
01-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Some ideas here too:thumbsup:

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/all_about_me.htm