View Full Version : who signs

22-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I am currently registering but already have one little boy who I will be childminding as soon as i am registered. My problem is he is fostered so with regards to signing the forms who does it his long term foster carer or his social worker. Parental responsibility for the child is with social services. Thanks for any advice in this matter. Laura

22-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I think it will be foster carer as they will be the guardian for that child, but check with your local social services.

22-03-2008, 04:34 PM
In this situation I would probably get both foster parent and Social Services to sign so that you are covered.

But might be best to check with Social Services and see what they say.

22-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Depending on whoses contracts you are using perhaps you could check with them (NCMA, MM).
Would suggest Ofsted but you would probably get several different answers.

Congrats on getting reg'd

22-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I would say you need both signatures.. the people who have legal responsibility for the child and the people who are paying you!

But I would take advice just to be on the safe side :D

22-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Usually I would say it was the person with parental responsibility who should sign the forms but in this case it seems the foster carer will be paying you - is that correct?

I think i would ask to meet with both the foster carer and the child's social worker and take it from there

miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
22-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Laura I think you will need both signatures , well at least I did . Im a retied Foster Carer and I also was a community childminder for social services, it may have changed, just ask.

23-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks for everyone that replied. The social services shall be paying me as well but I think i will get both signatures that way I will be definetly covered. Laura