PDA

View Full Version : Best Tescos delivery driver

solly
29-04-2010, 07:35 PM
A few weeks ago i asked the tescos driver when he delivered my shopping if he had any spare vouchers on the van as i was collecting them so i could buy the kids in my care some new equipment and he gave me about 50 which was appreciated. Each time i have my shopping delivered i ask the driver whether they have any and i usually get some extras.
Today my shopping was delivered by the same driver and he recognised the address when he was loading the shopping and picked up 2 full books for me, after giving me them he said he would also look in the van and found another pile, well i have just counted them and the total was 329:clapping: :clapping:

He has also said if he is doing this route and he has some on the van he will put them through my letterbox :)

What a lovely driver i have and now have 1653 with hopefully more to come :) :clapping:

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 07:42 PM
i love tesco.com!

i refused to send money to DD#1 at uni as i know she would just drink it and smoke it. So i started a tesco.com account for her. She emails me or calls me when she has filled it all in online and i just type in my card number.

So i pay for her food...and i know she is eating!:clapping:

mandyx

ps great about your tesco man though....never thought about that!

haribo
29-04-2010, 07:52 PM
i love tesco.com!

i refused to send money to DD#1 at uni as i know she would just drink it and smoke it. So i started a tesco.com account for her. She emails me or calls me when she has filled it all in online and i just type in my card number.

So i pay for her food...and i know she is eating!:clapping:

mandyx

ps great about your tesco man though....never thought about that!

thats a great idea i will maybe do that when dd starts in september . BUT couldnt they just order a load of booze and fags or do you get to see what theyve ordered :laughing:

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 08:13 PM
thats a great idea i will maybe do that when dd starts in september . BUT couldnt they just order a load of booze and fags or do you get to see what theyve ordered :laughing:

they could but you are the one who has to sign it off. And its linked to my email address so if she makes a change it flags up on my email.

She has a budget of about £40 a week...this includes her loo rolls, shampoos etc. her grandpa gave me £30 cash for her for easter so i rang her and gave her the choice of money sent to her by cheque or £30 extra tesco..anything she wanted. She chose tesco...two bottles of wine and some cheat food (she makes her own bread usually) so she could get on with her finals.

mandy xx

TheBTeam
29-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I am having a big thing with tesco at the moment because for the last few weeks on my shopping they havent even given me the vouchers for the amount I have spent. I have emailed them twice, they have emailed back and even phoned me and what they said would happen still hasnt!

helenlc
29-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I went to Tesco tonight and spend £100 - should have got 10 vouchers but asked for a few extra and came home with 30!!:clapping:

My friend also works there so the kids went through her till with their bits and got a book of 100!!!:clapping:

angiemog
29-04-2010, 08:43 PM
That's fantastic....... you are very lucky, thinking I should start getting my shopping delivered. xx

jelly15
29-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I asked at the checkout last night what happens to the ones that aren't collected and explained they were for me, not a school or club. The lad on the till gave me a wodge of them and said that about that much haven't been taken, nice boy ;) . Haven't finished counting yet but have around 800, how many has everyone else got? And what are you hopeing to get?

TheBTeam
29-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Think i am going to go to tescos as I am being shortchanged by the deliveries!

Leanne59
29-04-2010, 09:25 PM
oh Bless the driver how nice is he.

singlewiththree
30-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Tesco is on my hate list at the moment. For the third time the "van broke down" :angry: and could I go and pick it up instore erm NO that is why I have it delivered! Re-scheduled but then cancelled as they will take up until Tues to refund due to the bank hols but will then re-take the money out for the new delivery :angry:

sandy64
30-04-2010, 07:30 AM
thanks for the idea i will ask my driver hope i wont embarrass myself lol

miffy
30-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Lucky you!

Might even be worth getting my shopping delivered! :idea:

Miffy xx

ajs
30-04-2010, 07:50 AM
mandy i love your idea about paying for your daughters shopping my son will be going to Huddersfield in september and i was wondering if there was a way i could help without actually giving him money.

great idea i will get that set up nearer the time