PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a 9 year old boy

Mia'smummyx
29-04-2010, 09:15 AM
May sound strange to some but I have no idea!!!
I am hopefully taking an afterschool 9 year old boy, im trying to think of things to buy/ have for him..
I have a trampoline, arts and crafts, wii. His dad said he likes DS and animals ( great i have two cats and a DS) but surely he will want more than just that.
I dont want him to be bored!!
Help will be appreciated.
Also do I have to do any paperwork for him other than permission, collection, allergy forms, policies and procedures.

Leah

RedDragon
29-04-2010, 09:23 AM
LEGO.

Drawing.

Reading.

Tiddly Winks (my older ones play this for hours)

Bouncy ball

Figures

Kes
29-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Football.
I look after a 9 yr old boy and he loved den building in the garden the other day. I gave him some camouflage netting and some bamboo sticks and pegs and he just got on with it. I also find boys at any age will still play with the cars.

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 11:58 AM
My 5 year old has some older friends and they all love Xbox, DS, wii, bouncy castle (although I have to keep reminding them to be careful with my 5 year old in there) they all love to play at the park outside my house

loocyloo
29-04-2010, 05:18 PM
lego, lego and more lego!

my 8 yr olds love it!

also very attached to cars, hot wheels in particular!

football in the garden, or running round like loonies!

i find they also enjoy playing with the duplo, fisher price little people, the toy animals and when i made a muddy building site in the tuff tray in the garden with the diggers ... the LO didn't get a look in! :rolleyes:

the other thing mine all play at the moment is snakes & ladders!

xxx

sarah707
29-04-2010, 05:48 PM
All of the above and I get mine puzzle books and he enjoys those.

Mine goes on the computer sometimes too - puzzle pirates is a relatively safe site :D

Lady Haha
29-04-2010, 07:48 PM
ah, yes, all the above and also Club Penguin is a good safe networking site for kids! I have a 'spare' penguin here that it for everyone to use! They will spend ages on it!