PDA

View Full Version : how many over 8's

devoncm
22-03-2008, 03:02 PM
hi im a bit confused at how many over 8s are allowed, as i have 2 of my own under 8 i know im allowed 4 others under 8 but im not sure how many overs im allowed at the moment i only have 1, but just wondered if there was a limit to whats allowed.

deeb66
22-03-2008, 03:06 PM
You can have as many as you want as long as they don't compromise the care of children under 8 ......which technically translates as a few but no more than that!

You will also have to check with your council because sometimes you require permission from them to have a certain amount and this can vary from council to council.

You also have to look at your public liabilty cover to see the total amount of children you are covered for.

NCMA covers you for a total of 12 children.

Hope this helps

sarah707
22-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Well I can't beat that answer Dee! :D

angeldelight
23-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Plus I do not think anyone in their right mind would want 12 of them

God imagine that

Angel xx

disney
24-03-2008, 11:39 AM
yes i know what you mean angel , i had a parent say to me that as her child will be 8 soon that she needent be counted in my numbers . i understand the rules about over 8 s but its still an extra child to take care of , & still takes up space in the home , at the table , to care for ect :) x

miffy
24-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I have had a parent say that to me about her children - what she actually meant was now they are over 8 we do not need a contract do we and they can come whenever I need you and you will only charge me for those times but you wil always be available just in case!

Agree with Dee

miffy xx

Pauline
24-03-2008, 05:36 PM

God imagine that

Angel xx

Do I have to!! :panic:

buildingblocks
27-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I have had a parent say that to me about her children - what she actually meant was now they are over 8 we do not need a contract do we and they can come whenever I need you and you will only charge me for those times but you wil always be available just in case!miffy xx

I had one of these (glad it wasn't just me) and played her at her own game because it suited me and whenever she needed me I was never available lol.

I have given notice to a parent of 2 over 8's and am waiting for her to complain to Ofsted but will use hte fact that they were impacting on the care of my under 8's. Ofsted will not give a stuff I presume as her children are over 8 but thought if they did they will be dead impressed with my reasoning.

Tily Bud
27-03-2008, 09:02 PM

God imagine that

Angel xx

Im going grey at the thought of it !! :eek:

manjay
27-03-2008, 10:40 PM
[COLOR=magenta]

Im going grey at the thought of it !! :eek:

Perhaps that's why I am spending so much on hair dye :eek:

amanda xx