PDA

View Full Version : contacting parents on childcare.co.uk

crazyhazy
28-04-2010, 08:46 PM
So, I've noticed that finally a few local parents have added their details, so tonight I have taken the plunge and paid my membership so I can contact them. But now I'm stuck, what should I say????

Help!?

Thanks

Tracey1
29-04-2010, 06:28 AM
I look on there each week, for new parents. If they are local to me and it fits in with what I need, then I just introduce myself let them know the area that I live in, advertising that I have a space for their child, and asking them if they are still interested in childcare to make contact with me.

I've done this three times within the last 18 mths, it has given me business.

Tracey

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 06:45 AM
i log in nearly every day. It keeps you at the top of the "last log in" list.
If a parent has looked at me i will do as Tracey1 says. I also look for newbies and i will send them a message if i think i can help

I have got two mindees this way

mandy xxxxx

crazyhazy
29-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks, I have taken the plunge and sent msgs to 4 people, problem is there aren't very many people local to me on there but figured with the 50% off it was worth a shot. There do seem to be a few navy wives that have registered so have included that I do babysitting evenings and weekends in case I get anything from that, here's hoping :)

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks, I have taken the plunge and sent msgs to 4 people, problem is there aren't very many people local to me on there but figured with the 50% off it was worth a shot. There do seem to be a few navy wives that have registered so have included that I do babysitting evenings and weekends in case I get anything from that, here's hoping :)

i wouldnt worry if they are not too local. the two i got from childcare.co.uk are from another town (actually county) and their mum and dad work in my town. They have to drive past my street to get to work!!!

so it can work out

mandy xxx:clapping:

Ripeberry
29-04-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm thinking of doing this. Did not even notice the Local parents before :blush: A couple of them are only down the road, but they have never viewed me :eek:
Maybe I should point them in the right direction :thumbsup:

RedDragon
29-04-2010, 08:59 AM
So, I've noticed that finally a few local parents have added their details, so tonight I have taken the plunge and paid my membership so I can contact them. But now I'm stuck, what should I say????

Help!?

Thanks

I send messages all the time to parents - even if they are 20 miles away - you never know they might be passing through your town/village on the way to work.

This is what I put (personal bits changed)

I am a Gold member of the childcare.co.uk website - this allows me to contact parents who are actively looking for childcare. I am enquiring to see if you have already secured childcare or are still looking. I am a Registered Childminder in the B..... area. If I am unable to offer you a space I am friends with 4 other Childminders in the village who may be able to offer the Childcare you need-they keep me updated with their availability which means I am able to tell parents who have spaces etc. B..... may be too far away from you but I thought I would just let you know as you may not have considered B....... as an option.

My website address is www.....................webs.com

Kind Regards,

C.....

Ripeberry
29-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I've messaged three parents that seem to fit. Got lots of people looking at me though, even the ones I did not message as we (CMs) must come up on their list as well :rolleyes:
Anyway, maybe they will know a friend who goes past my area ;)

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I sent 20 messages last week and got 3 replies but 2 weren't looking in my area and one said she would keep me in mind as she had already found someone, am hoping it pays off soon, have only had one enquiry since I registered in Jan

Ripeberry
29-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Two have replied to say they have found either relative or a local pre-school and still waiting for the other one.

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I contacted them the other day too cos my postcode comes up wrong, the ones that it says are my 'local' parents actually live 15 miles away and it says that I'm 8 miles away from where I live - they said they can't do anything about it as it runs from Royal Mail data which is obviously wrong.

crazyhazy
29-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Can i ask do you only contact those who have registered recently or at least logged on recently? Or do you just msg everyone? There are a few in my area that haven;t logged on in 6m+ and am just wondering whether it's worth msg them anyway.

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 01:15 PM
I contacted everyone from about the last year, I just said that I realised they registered a while ago but just in case they were still looking or needed my details in the future, you never know they may not be happy where they are and have had no choice when they originally looked

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I contacted everyone from about the last year, I just said that I realised they registered a while ago but just in case they were still looking or needed my details in the future, you never know they may not be happy where they are and have had no choice when they originally looked

i did that too...i log on every day to keep me at the top of the list too.

BTW..we are twins....:thumbsup:

we registered at the same time..!!!!!:clapping:

let me know when mrs o comes a callin......i am waiting.... are you?:eek:

mandy xxx

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 07:06 PM
i applied for a variation to have an under one and she said i would be due around his first birthday so am hoping i have til the end of july. Really need to get going on my obs etc as i'm on my 3rd week with him now.