PDA

View Full Version : Am i missing something

Fabby
28-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I am getting no new enquiries. I want some before and after school kids. I have called the local 2 schools up today and they have said i can take my business cards (arrived today) up to them and they will give out if parents enquire, they dont let you advertise any other way. I am advertised on childcare.co.uk, i have sent of my FIS form, advertised in the local shops, advertised on netmums. Can anyone tell me more please?

crazyhazy
28-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't have any advice really, but will be watching with interest since I'm in the same position. Only have one mindee part time at the moment and another coming to see me on friday, again just a couple of mornings. Nobody round here seems to nee before or after school care just now, am hoping there will be some enquiries over the summer for the new starts. x

Rubybubbles
28-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I know you prob have, but make sure on Childcare.co.uk you put your local area, schools you can pick up from ect ect.

I have just moved and was approached in the Post Office the other day by a lady who was really miffed that I have filled my 5 spaces before I moved! I do think it's because I put loads of details. She said oh, I am a childminder, and I have have no enquires at all:eek: so I looked at her profile and she had not put much info at all so...........

Are you going to any groups? Toddlers ect?

sarah707
28-04-2010, 08:19 PM
You might find something useful on this thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171&highlight=advertising

Fabby
28-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks!!!!

Yes iam on childcare.co.uk (just going to check my posting for more details) I do go to the local childrens centre but there are 3 around me so tomorrow i am going to go and put a business card in them also. Think i need to have an advertising day tomorrow!! My mindee is on holiday.

FussyElmo
29-04-2010, 05:39 AM
I have always find its the wrong time of the year for before and after school children, Nearly the end of the school year but usually the phone does start ringing August :thumbsup:

diamond
29-04-2010, 05:44 AM
HI

Check your details on the gov web site too, mine were wrong as they were using really old info.
Hope you get some enquires soon.

cuffleygirl
29-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Sounds odd but take some cards into the Estate Agents - often EA's put together 'welcome to the area packs' ask if they could include your card.

Hebs
29-04-2010, 06:24 AM
All but 1 of my mindees were recommeded by friends of friends :D

i have started getting enquiries for sept starts already :clapping:

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I really need some enquiries too, am starting to think before and after schoolers would be a good idea but hardly any of the parents at my sons school seem to work, have spoken to the teachers etc and the nursery teacher said she'd give out my details to parents, advertise on my car, I have advertised on every website I can think of. I have 1 mindee 2 days a week but could really do with some more asap

Tippy Toes
29-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I got most of my business by posting leaflets through doors! Good luck :)

michellethegooner
29-04-2010, 11:50 AM
when I moved in november to a new build I put cards in all the houses local to me and on cars that had car seats in local supermarket I filled my remaining 2 spaces and am now full to the brim since march both were through doorstep advertising good luck :thumbsup:

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I posted leaflets all round my estate too as it was a new build and we live out of town so thought it might be handy for some parents, the one I have lives 3 doors away and works 2 mins away so was handy for her

I got speaking to a woman the other day who said she looked for a childminder just before I moved in but couldn't find one so now shares childcare with her friend. Most seem to swap and change kids to help each other out or are related so look after them between themselves, may try the next estate along and see if I get anything from that