PDA

View Full Version : Help! an 8 & 12mth what to give them for lunch

suemac69
28-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Hiya, I'm pulling my hair out and need a bit of help. I've got an 8mth who isnt fully weaned yet (no teeth and finding it hard to have lumpy food) and a 13mth old who wants to do it all herself and is actually a very good eater. I've tried pasta dishes and blending leftover tea's with not much luck. I need some meals which are quick and easy to make and would suit both at lunchtimes. Anyone with any ideas?:thumbsup: :)

Rubybubbles
28-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Baked pots and beans?

Omlette

Stew, blended for baby

Macaroni cheese, muchy for baby

Cheese on toast (the 400g bread is easier for babys to suck I find)

Any fruit, could be blended for baby? Yogurt

crazyhazy
28-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Has the baby had any finger food yet? Both of my girls were having finger food from the start of weaning at 6m and managed really well with it by about 9m. You might find although they are rejecting lumps that they may enjoy the difference of finger foods.

Would mean you had the option of giving sandwiches sometimes, and even things like mini pizzas. Sorry, brain on a go slow tonight and can;t think of anything else!

Had another thought, scrambled eggs, beans & mash, houmous with various things to dip in?

youarewhatyoueat
28-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Why not get the parents to send a packed lunch, makes life much simpler.

Chell
29-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Has the baby had any finger food yet? Both of my girls were having finger food from the start of weaning at 6m and managed really well with it by about 9m. You might find although they are rejecting lumps that they may enjoy the difference of finger foods.

Would mean you had the option of giving sandwiches sometimes, and even things like mini pizzas. Sorry, brain on a go slow tonight and can;t think of anything else!

Had another thought, scrambled eggs, beans & mash, houmous with various things to dip in?

WSS.

If you do a search for baby led weaning (BLW) you'll find threads with ideas.

Cheese on toast, pitta breads with cheese and grated carrot inside then toasted so it melts, French toast, toasted sandwiches, crumpets, English muffins made into little pizzas, Oven chips (or chipped shaped roast potatoes or other veg), jkt spuds are good finger foods if cut into wedge shapes then have a little cheese melted over the top so it sticks rather than falls off, rice cakes and nut butter (not peanut, allergy risK) or soft cheese.

Does the 8mth old have a pincer grip as it then makes it easier to pick up small pieces of food so you have more options.

TheBTeam
29-04-2010, 07:13 AM
No ideas above what has been given already, but i always ask parents to provide babies food until they are fully weaned onto a normal diet fed in an easy to adapt way, so i will cut up food small etc, but dont want to be involved in pureeing.

I spent ages preparing purees and fresh stuff for my two and dont want to be doing it again, and i have been amused recently by the number of parents who say at the interviews we prepare and make all baby food, dont like jars, and yet no matter how often you have their child they only bring jars, no home made food! :rolleyes:

suemac69
29-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Thanks will give the finger foods a try, anything is worth a go, mum said that the 8mth old was doing well with her weaning and eating well at home, I've only had her for a couple of weeks so maybe its early days. Any how I dont have them until next tuesday so at least I get a few days to recharge my batteries.