PDA

View Full Version : had a major blip re lateness today

newandlearning
28-04-2010, 05:55 PM
the saga .. continues...

today the auntie was meant to pick up at 3.30 (actually I'd completely forgotten the contracted hours for today are 4.30 :blush: )...

anyway.. my son's epilepsy consultant left a message saying to rather call him at 3.45 latest 4pm to initiate prescription for anti-epilepsy drugs
or to probably not speak to him for a few days.

anyway.. the auntie came at 3.40 and the mindee had a major tantrum because he was now re-settled and wanted to play in garden .. so I said its a shame she wasn't able to get here at 3.30 as of course he now doesn't really want to go. the auntie said if you've got a problem with me being late then speak to the mum and stomped off just like the mum had in the morning.

Then I got a text from the mum saying what's the problem now I pay to 4.30
today? Yes I totally agree I made a mistake on this occasion but I was
totally preoccupied with just wanting to speak to my son's epilepsy consultant and was in floods of tears by the time I spoke to him.. not because of the mum but because I feel sad my lil boy now needs to be given drugs twice a day for at least 2 years and has been diagnosed with epilepsy. I worry that I may have caused him to have this during his birth.. I will never know why or how this has happened to him.

I wrote back to the mum saying that I realised I made a mistake but was very sad about my boy being diagnosed as epileptic and so had got totally confused with the contracted times today and would totally understand if she decided instead of reducing hours that she decided to terminate the contract all together.

The other parents I have here are really soo kind to me .. I can't understand what is going on with this one. :(

funfunfun
28-04-2010, 05:59 PM
there will always be dome of these kind of parents kiking about

nothing ever good enough

i wouldnt worry about it too much chin up :)

hugs to your lo xxxxxxxxxxx

angiemog
28-04-2010, 06:02 PM
How upsetting for you with your own little one, aswell as having a problem with a parent. I'm sure it wasn't anything you did to your little boy to cause his epilepsy. Hope things get more settled for you. xx

Allie
28-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Please don't blame yourself about your son, it's just one of those things we have to put up with (my own middle child has a different but equally horrible condition)

As for the parent if she still comes to you (and I would feel like getting rid of her) point out that you are only human and we all make mistakes sometimes

At least the other parents sound ok

Allie

Mookins
28-04-2010, 06:03 PM
big hugs.....
just ignore todays episode, you had your mind elsewhere, these things happen

x x x

sandy64
28-04-2010, 06:22 PM
sorry to hear youve had a bad day its worrying enough with your sons epilepsy without trying to work as well. i think mum was just cross couse of the mix up start tommorrow as another day another apology and hopefully it will be ok we all get awkward parents sometimes i hope it gets sorted and your son will be fine with the medication better than having seizures its never nice when our children are poorly hun you can only do so much and sounds like your doing that.:)

Curly Quavers
28-04-2010, 06:29 PM
could you manage financially with out this child?

Tell her to DO ONE!!!! :D chin up.

WibbleWobble
28-04-2010, 06:47 PM
you have not done anything to give your son epilepsy. But i know thats what you feel and no one will change your mind. You will come to terms with it and it will become just part of your lives. Its a pain in the :censored: but it wont stop him from getting on.

pm me if you want to talk....i know what its like.

mandy xxxxxxx with extra big hugs and love

ps that mum can just :censored: off! sorry for rudeness..:blush:

The Juggler
29-04-2010, 10:27 AM
oh hon. that's awful! can you afford to 'lose' this child?

Ripeberry
29-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry you are having such a horrid time :( I would ditch this parent if they do any more 'flouncing' She is acting like a spoilt b***t.
I was looking through my list of local parents on childcare.co.uk and one actually said;
"Looking for a childminder who will accept MY rules and not try to impose hers :eek: :mad: And then it went on to say "My little princess needs the best people and she must come first" :rolleyes:

Don't think she will get many replies, sounds like a nightmare.

The Juggler
29-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Sorry you are having such a horrid time :( I would ditch this parent if they do any more 'flouncing' She is acting like a spoilt b***t.
I was looking through my list of local parents on childcare.co.uk and one actually said;
"Looking for a childminder who will accept MY rules and not try to impose hers :eek: :mad: And then it went on to say "My little princess needs the best people and she must come first" :rolleyes:

Don't think she will get many replies, sounds like a nightmare.

:eek: :eek: :eek: do you think these parents ever read what they wrote and see what they sound like!!!!!!!!!!!