PDA

View Full Version : Tonsilitus

It's a small world
28-04-2010, 05:01 PM
One of my mindees mum just txt me to say her dd(2) got tonsilitus on antibiotics. Just read some other threads in this subject and seen that most give 24-48 exclusion periods if on antibiotics unless had the before. Mindee has had before. Only got her 3 hrs tomorrow and told mum about exclusion etc and said see how she is overnight if worse won't take her if ok as had antibiotics before will take as only a few hours. Problemnow got a potential parent coming in the morning( not sure if bringing child) should I call and warn her do u think it will be ok as probably only here for an hour or so . If she comes with child the child is 1. Think I should call and let her know but won't know if having Mindee till morning. Parent coming after school run !!!!

The Juggler
28-04-2010, 05:27 PM
If mindee has only just got antibiotics I wouldn't have thought they would be well enough to come tomorrow really. I would tell mum you won't accept until fever is managed without medicine.

Mollymop
28-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I would ask mum to keep mindee away if only just started a/b's as Juggler says. It is contagious, so you dont want to run the risk of catching it. Good luck with new parent:)

cas2805
28-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Just had it myself and was told that it can only be spread by fluid. So best to warn the parent but for a first meet it shouldn't be a problem.

WibbleWobble
28-04-2010, 06:52 PM
my first mindee gave it to me a couple of months ago..he was a carrier. he didnt ever get it but all his extended and immediate family got it. i felt terrible....needed antibiotics then some steroids cos it strated to get on my old wheezy chest...cough cough splutter:(

mandy xxxxxxx

hop04
28-04-2010, 08:08 PM
hi my 8 month old has just had it and when i asked the doc for advise about work he explained that there are two types . viral and bacterial and my lo had viral so no way pf preventing others getting it around her. He advised i kept her away from my mindee for 2/3 days until the anti biotics began to work x

It's a small world
28-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Came out if action kids course and mum has txt me to say she's keeping Mindee off tomorrow.?might not have other Mindee tomorrow so could be day off until school pick up:clapping: bit of one on one with ds