PDA

View Full Version : First Bill!!!!!

SammyM
28-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Got to give out my first bill tonight!! Its all prepared and I know I'm not a charity but still feel uncomfortable dealing with the money side. Have put it in an envelope so they can't see it till they get home LOL!!!!!!

zoe2010
28-04-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL i love it !! :panic: i will be the same once iv'e got to do one

caz3007
28-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I am lucky most of my mums have been with me for a long time and say they expect it around this time of the month, so its not an issue. I just fold them up and write their names on the front and hand it to them.

Just remember the parents knew that they had to pay when they signed up and have an idea how much the bill will be

Tam's Tribe
28-04-2010, 05:40 PM
:laughing:

I know how you feel.

I email my invoices to parents a week before they are due and most parents either pay me with vouchers direct into my bank or do online bank transfers . . . and so far so good!!!

Lovies
Tam
x

Mookins
28-04-2010, 05:45 PM
oooh exciting stuff...youll be more positive when the results come back:clapping:

x x

funemnx
28-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Lol! I've been childminding for 10 years now and STILL feel weird giving out the invoices! Do you put the child's name on the envelope or the parents? Sometimes I just drive around and post them in the doors while they're out! :blush:

SammyM
28-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Lol! I've been childminding for 10 years now and STILL feel weird giving out the invoices! Do you put the child's name on the envelope or the parents? Sometimes I just drive around and post them in the doors while they're out! :blush:

Hee Hee this really make me chuckle, glad its not just me!! Dad came to collect him (and he's a bit clueless really!) so jsu handed it to him and said 'Theres your month end bill, payment methods are listed inside' to which he replied 'oh thank you' Don't know what I was worried about :-)

I put parents names on the envelope by the way...

mum2two
28-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Just be strong, and start as you mean to go on!! This goes with regards to payments too!!

Hope they pay you as quick as you give the invoice!! :p

xx

Lady Haha
28-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I used to feel really awkward about asking for my money, but now I'm so used to it! I do the monthly payers invoices in advance and they know it will be here waiting for them! The weekly payers are flexi and I text them how much they owe me!

I have one who pays daily when she picks up and one Friday it wasn't her who picked up, it was nan....so I sent mum a text asking her to drop the money round that evening or Saturday morning.:laughing:

Daisy1956
28-04-2010, 08:16 PM
What are we like-I post mine through the door address to parents during the day when I know parents are out at work.:)

Rubybubbles
28-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Just remember YOU EARNED THE MONEY!

I am not bothered lol!

I always put in an envelope with Name, and Childminding fees, May 2010 due on 1st May 2010 :laughing:

SammyM
28-04-2010, 09:03 PM

This really made me chuckle!!!

Was not half as bad as I thought, dad came to pick up so I just said heres his bag and heres your bill, to which he replied, oh thanks!!

In an env with parents name on by the way x

sweets
28-04-2010, 09:11 PM
i always paperclip mine to the latest page in the childs daily diary, except for my 4 year old mindee that doesnt have one as he tells his mum everything weve done, i just hand her the bill at the last min, folded up!

manjay
28-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I can honestly say I have no qualms about giving out bills;)