PDA

View Full Version : hello can u help?

happy days
28-04-2010, 03:20 PM
hello
if i was to get in my partners car, with minded children do i have to get childminding car insurance even if i dont drive the car, my partner does and his fully comp?
thanx happy days x

babs
28-04-2010, 03:51 PM
not sure but id say its the same as getting in a taxi , but then thinking he will have to have business insurance... ok so not sure.. but make sure u have permission to take them in his car,or any car i.e. taxi..

caz3007
28-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I would get your partner to ring his insurance company and tell them he sometimes takes childminded children in his car. I dont drive, but we have permission for hubby to drive the children in his car.

On my permission forms it says

That the child can travel in a car driven by hubby but always accompanied by myself

Goatgirl
28-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi :),
I have taken childminded children in my daughters car before and assumed the rles were the same as for 'private vehicles', which as far as i remember involves making sure you see documents that confirm the car is legal, i.e. taxed and insured and keep a record of the vehicle, the driver and the journey in case there are any future problems.

I have a 'private vehicles' policy and a permission form related to this which parents sign. Obviously youwould need appropriate car seats and restraints also.

hope this helps,
Bws,
Wendy :)

funemnx
28-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I think if you have car insurance for your car which includes business use then you're covered 3rd party to drive someone elses car.

Mollymop
28-04-2010, 05:51 PM
:) I don't drive but I know that yes, if he has public liability insurance he should be ok to take minded children in his car, but get it checked out with his insurance company first just to be sure

Mollymop
28-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi :),
I have taken childminded children in my daughters car before and assumed the rles were the same as for 'private vehicles', which as far as i remember involves making sure you see documents that confirm the car is legal, i.e. taxed and insured and keep a record of the vehicle, the driver and the journey in case there are any future problems.

I have a 'private vehicles' policy and a permission form related to this which parents sign. Obviously youwould need appropriate car seats and restraints also.

hope this helps,
Bws,
Wendy :)

You're dd needs public liabily insurance to take your mindees in her car - in case of any accidents, her insurance company will not pay out if (heaven forbid) there is an accident because you are a business as such. hth

happy days
28-04-2010, 06:24 PM
hey guys
thanx for your replies, i have just spoken to his insurance company and because he is fully comp we are insured for third party for any occasional use of minded children in his car. however if it became a regular occurence then we would need to upgrade it to buisness.
but different companys may do different things, good idea about the permission forms though so I can give to parents.
happy days x