PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have one of those screaming babies

Shirlwith3
28-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I had a new lo aged 6months start in the easter hols only 2 days a week,
9am - 2.3pm but is going full time end of May.
The times I have read on here posts about screaming lo's & thought how lucky I was not to have one:panic: , well I now have one, he cries when mum leaves basiclly he cries till he falls asleep then the minute he wakes he is screaming nothing I do will stop him, I give him is bottle & he will stop drinking to start crying, spoon feed him & he is screaming & crying the whole time,even when he goes to sleep he needs to pushchair rocked, which I am trying to get out of doing so that he can learn to go to sleep himself. I have only had him a few times when he has sat nicely on the floor & played which is a shame, I am hoping once he is coming full time & I can get him into a rountine of some sort then he might calm down,

Daftbat
28-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I really hope he calms down for you. I had a screamer that i tried to settle before Easter - mum even came every day for a week and helped me out to try and get her to calm down. In the end it didn't work - too much separation anxiety and mum and i decided together that she would put off going back to work for the foreseeable future.

Have to say though that has been the only child in over 80 that i have looked after that has not settled so the odds are in your favour!

Good luck:thumbsup:

caz3007
28-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I sympathise with you as I have one too. He is also new, but mum says he cries a lot of the time at home too and unless she picks him up. Now thats just not going to happen here. He came twice last week for long days and not this week and not sure when he will be back ....mums new job are pretty lapse about telling her when she is starting.

I just hope he settles after a while as its draining.

The Juggler
28-04-2010, 12:50 PM
oh hon, big hugs. hope it does improve for you.x

amandavin
28-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I had a little boy who cried consistently for three weeks. It makes me shudder now to remember it. His parents had separated just before he came to me and he was 16 months.

Then one day he ran up the path all smiles and straight to the toy shelves! Out of the blue. No idea what changed. That was 5 years ago and now he and my DD are going to get married and have children. (In that order apparently! :o )

WibbleWobble
28-04-2010, 01:35 PM
i have one who screeches...he does it to get attention. he did it infront of mummy and me when she came to pick him up. I just looked at him sternly and told him "now we will have none of that" and he shut up and smiled at me coyly.

Mum was flabbergasted. Kid just needs to know i know he is there.

But an all day screamer:panic: ....i think i will be turning on the gas oven...

oh...we have electric!:thumbsup:

mandy x

pinky33
28-04-2010, 01:47 PM
He will settle, I find the first few times they are perfect, play well, sleep and feed well. Then like all babies and children you get a mix of pushing your boundries and seperation anxiety.

But once they have a good sense of the new soroundings the new smells ect and a good routine they settle well.

It's hard when they are crying all the time but try not to pander to whims or carry around and you should be fine.

Fingers crossed x

auntym
28-04-2010, 03:04 PM
He eventually will settle but in mean time just carry on with normal routine.
You cant pander to him or he will expect it all the time, I hope its not worn you out too much hon as I agree can be draining x

Tippy Toes
28-04-2010, 03:42 PM
My mindee was 1yr old and screamed all day for about 3 months!!!! It was terrible. Mindee would crawl around after me all day and would only stop if sat on my lap!! Thought about giving notice and then one day it stopped all of a sudden. Mindee can still have odd tantrum but thats it :)

Twinklestars
29-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I mind a 9 month old and we bumped into his grandma yesterday and she said 'how do you get him to settle all he does it scream at mine and I can't put him down all day!', he's fine at my house never had any problems and he and my own 4 month old are becoming great friends giggling at each other! maybe he just enjoys being with other kids but it was nice to know he enjoys coming to my house

Shirlwith3
30-04-2010, 03:55 PM
would you belive it, lo has been brillant today hardly any crying:clapping: , wasn't meant have him today but mum has work men in so asked if I could have him. Anyway he arrived at 8am went to sleep at 10am & woke at 1.10pm gave him his lunch didn't cry I sat him on floor to play he was happy I was even able to walk out the room, when we got back from collecting my daughter from school he had a little play had some milk & put him down for a nap & he went straight of without a sound, It has been like he was a different child.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
30-04-2010, 04:03 PM
So glad he was much better today, I had a screamer and he screamed for 8 months now he is so much better doesn't scream at all, well only every now and again. He will cry and show off when mum brings him even though there is nothing wrong with him and then he also does it when mum picks him up.

pinky33
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Yay congrats!!!

little_gems
02-05-2010, 06:14 AM
awww im so glad it worked out. I remember when i had a screamer, it lastest 12 weeks and then i gave notice. I just couldnt cope any longer with it.

mindermum
02-05-2010, 11:13 PM
I know how you feel. The settling in is the worst bit and screamers do take that bit longer to settle.

haribo
03-05-2010, 06:16 PM
im glad hes settled well done :thumbsup: wish mine would i only have her twice a week and she screams when i put her down ,its so draining. her 3 yr old sister says she cries all day too unless mummy is carrying her :angry: