PDA

View Full Version : school pickups

Joannechildmind
28-04-2010, 12:15 PM
I have such a hectic time, just wondered what everyone elses is like-

I meet H's dad at 3pm, he works near to school, run into school to meet S at 3pm sometimes i can be a few mins late :blush:
Then take them into the empty playground at the back so they can run around for 5 mins, rush round to the juniors to meet my dd.
Walk home takes around 15 mins with the 5 children :) all full of beans and wanting to run.

Daftbat
28-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Can be quite hectic for me but generally the kids are really good and used to the routine. I don't have any meetings with parents just before the afternoon run but i do sometimes end up stressed in the morning as i am trying to set off on time and one parent is consistently late - we end up on the drive waiting for them. One of these mornings i will have gone by the time they get here!

The Juggler
28-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I take 3 little ones to school with me, pick up 2 infants, walk to juniors, drop one of my under 5's off to mum (school office), pick up my two big ones and two more. Then walk home.

By the time they've all been sent back/ran back for forgotten items, we're usually the last to leave the playground and often don't get back until 4pm!:laughing: :laughing:

brightstar
28-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I collect from one school at 3pm, then dash to another 1 1/2 miles away to collect another LO that finishes at 3pm also. Luckily the teacher doesn't mind me being late. But they do lock the school gates at about 3:10 so its a real race. Today we got locked in! I had to find the head teacher to let us out.

WibbleWobble
28-04-2010, 06:50 PM
i am wanting some after schoolies....but reading your threads i am re thinking about it!!:laughing: :laughing:

mandy x

loocyloo
28-04-2010, 07:32 PM
mine varies ...

monday - go to school with 3 LOs pick up 3 infants @3.10 & 1 junior @3.20 get home 3.45 if we don't go to park!
tuesday - go to school with my assistant - 5 LO, pick up 4 infants & 1 junior. go to park. 4pm pick up DS, go home, dropping DS at piano ... 4.45 load car with selection of children, pick DS from piano!
wednesday - go to school with 2 LO, deliver 1 to mum! pick up 1 infant. go to park - 4.10 pick up 1 infant & 1 junior, 4.15 pick up 1 infant, 4.30 pick up 1 junior !!! (all from a selection of clubs!) get home and collapse!
thursday - go to school with 2 LO, pick up 3 infants & 2 juniors.

friday - i don't work!

its totally crazy, but does work! :panic:

mamasheshe
28-04-2010, 07:36 PM
i neeeeeeeed some after schoolies for a bit of extra money but haven't had any luck attracting them maybe come September (you lot have scared me )

Lady Haha
28-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I take 3 little ones to school with me, pick up 2 infants, walk to juniors, drop one of my under 5's off to mum (school office), pick up my two big ones and two more. Then walk home.

By the time they've all been sent back/ran back for forgotten items, we're usually the last to leave the playground and often don't get back until 4pm!:laughing: :laughing:

You sound like me! Me and 'my gang' are always the last ones left in the playground!

Rubybubbles
28-04-2010, 08:14 PM
lol:laughing:

I drop off 4 at 9am, run around to pre-school and drop off no.5 .

Race back for 12:30 to pick no.4 back up(which is a pain for lunch and a 12 month old:panic: )

pick up 4 from Infants, which can mean waiting 20mins-30mins depending on how they feel:rolleyes: .

I get home around 4pm, and ds walks home with his friends, which had def made my school runs so much easier:laughing: he normally passes me on the way home as grumpy 3 yr old mindie is tired after pre-school, 2 yr old wants to walk (which is fine by me) and 2 5yr old's in same class that don't talk all day catch up like old men:laughing:

I bet they'll speed up on rainy days ROFL!

But I do enjoy it, it really breaks the day:laughing:

I am reg for 5 children and have 2 of my own! 2 stay with me all day every day:thumbsup: so getting out is a bonus:littleangel:

francinejayne
28-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I love my before and after schoolies, they're great. I love the walk I have to do, it really breaks up the day, and the smaller children love it too, watching the bigger ones at school. Once I've picked up infants we have a 20 minute wait for juniors, and all my children love having a little play. I stand in the same place in the playground and my children all know where they're allowed to go, and more importanlty, where they are not allowed to go! If they go where they're not allowed they go straight back in the pram, or they have to hold on to the pram if they're an older one. They only misbehave once, then quickly learn that they're missing out on the run around, so now they're all angels!!! :littleangel:
I'm getting 2 more in September - can't wait!! :clapping:

manjay
28-04-2010, 09:57 PM
We have a kind of childminding meeting area in our playground. There are 3 of us and we are always always last in the playground. We usually have about 10 each and as it is quite a small school it looks like we are taking all the children home:D

Unfortunately for me the other 2 minders live at the end of the school drive whereas I have the 20 minute trek up the hill home. But we have fun and they walk lovely. Maybe that is because they are all threatened with reins regardless of age;)

mushpea
29-04-2010, 06:05 AM
I have 2 schools to go to which are about 5mins walk apart, so i collect one child from the first school at 3pm with 3 under 5's in tow then its the 'mad dash' down to the next school to pick up 1 from the infants then 2 from the juinors, the two eldest are mine and know that if i am not in their play ground to come and find me at the other childs classroom. its mad but quite fun, on the way home they all know where they can run too, we have stops like the lampost or a certain tree so they wait there for me and are never out of my site. if they disapear or go to far then they have to hold the buggy.

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 06:42 AM
luckily my LOs go home at 2pm. So if i did have after schoolies i would just have them to contend with.....

just thought i would have LOs and big ones in the morning!!!:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

mandy xxx

huggableshelly
29-04-2010, 06:50 AM
dont be put off with gaining afterscholers, they are great and entertain the younger ones!

I normally take 5 to school leaving them all at school then pick up 2 in the playground and get home for number 3 to be dropped off by 9:15

then take 1 to preschool at 11:30
1 to playgroup at 12:30
1 meets at school for hand over

then pick up 6 afterschoolers and always the last to leave the playground but often we go off to adventure playground or park and dont get back home till 5pm!

Chaos helps my brain (not that I have one)function better

WibbleWobble
29-04-2010, 06:54 AM
dont be put off with gaining afterscholers, they are great and entertain the younger ones!

I normally take 5 to school leaving them all at school then pick up 2 in the playground and get home for number 3 to be dropped off by 9:15

then take 1 to preschool at 11:30
1 to playgroup at 12:30
1 meets at school for hand over

then pick up 6 afterschoolers and always the last to leave the playground but often we go off to adventure playground or park and dont get back home till 5pm!

Chaos helps my brain (not that I have one)function better

i am finding my two 13 month old and one 2 year old mindees enough at the moment! getting them out of the house tries my skills, my patience and my ears!!!!! why do they always start crying? then as soon as we get out....

silence...

with the odd

ooh...aahhh..

mandy xxxxxxx

The Juggler
29-04-2010, 10:25 AM
it looks like we are taking all the children home:D

lol I know what you mean - I only have 8 on my busiest day though - you have 10!?:eek: