PDA

View Full Version : Accident Form for grazed knee??

AliceK
27-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi

Mindee aged 22 mths arrived today in a very short skirt and no tights (lovely weather :) ). Now she's not great at running and shall be say slightly accident prone, she goes at everything top speed :laughing: . Anyway I knew that as soon as she went to play in the garden she would end up falling over and lo and behold within 2 / 3 mins she had fallen and grazed her knee. Only a very slight graze. She already has loads obviously from the weekend. Do I need to write up an accident form? I can see I will be filling in LOADS of these if so and she keeps arriving with bare legs on show. I did think about just writing it up in her diary but wasn't sure?

xxxxxx

babs
27-04-2010, 12:47 PM
if its left a mark, bruise or cut or you have had to deal with them crying then yes, if they fall over get up run off as if nothing has happened i don't unless they hit their head.

grindal
27-04-2010, 12:50 PM
After my experience with ofsted I would say record everything!

At my first inspection I was marked down for failing to record a self inflicted scratch that was less then 1cm long. In my report my inspector wrote that I had failed to record an injury :eek: . I complained, and in the end the wording was changed.

But, yes - record it, and any other bumps, bruises or scrapes that happen!

AliceK
27-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Right thank you. I'll get photocopying some more accident forms then. I think I'll need quite a few if the weather stays nice :)

Thanks

xxxx

Dragonfly
27-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I would as it covers you. I write up ones for very minor things or even it there is know sign of injury covers me and thats what matters.

Daftbat
27-04-2010, 03:12 PM
I agree that if there is a mark if should be documented. In my years as a childminder i have come across some very unpredictable parents at times - its best to be covered.

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I agree, no matter how small the injury write it up.

AliceK
27-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Well mindee has just gone home and dad has signed the accident form. I think he thought I was mad :blush: . I will make sure I have a plentiful supply of them as I can see I will be filling in a LOT :laughing:

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

onceinabluemoon
27-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Well mindee has just gone home and dad has signed the accident form. I think he thought I was mad :blush: . I will make sure I have a plentiful supply of them as I can see I will be filling in a LOT :laughing:

Thanks
xxxxxxxxx

I know the feeling! I designed and printed my own in the end as it was sooooo expensive to keep buying them.

miffy
27-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I designed and printed my own in the end as it was sooooo expensive to keep buying them.

Me too! NCMA paperwork is very expensive when you have an accident prone mindee!

Miffy xx

Bernie
27-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I would record everything also.

I sometimes find myself appoligising to the parents for the really sill ones, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
:)